Director, International Student & Scholar Services
This position will lead and manage the International Student & Scholar Services Office(ISSSO) under the direction of the Division of Global Affairs and the Vice-Provost for Global Affairs. The ISSSO is intended to serve as a "one-stop shop" for all F/J visa international student and scholars at KSU and provide a comprehensive resource to support their needs.
This position will-
- Serve as PDSO and supervise all visa/immigration SEVIS processes and services for international students and visiting scholars at KSU
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate F/J international student admissions in conjunction with Enrollment Service
- Supervise and facilitate international student retention and co-curricular engagement in conjunction with the International Programs department
- Coordinate recruitment and matriculation to/from the KSU Intensive English Program and KSU undergraduate and graduate programs
- Provide broad customer service support for international students and scholars via facilitation of campus and local services in consultation and coordination with other relevant offices and stakeholders at KSU and within the local community
- Coordinate and manage the implantation, training, and usage of third party software and database, Sunapsis, an essential resource for immigration maintenance and future growth and support for the ISSSO.
This position will integrate international student and scholar services across the two campuses to improve coherence and outcomes for all international students and scholars at KSU.
Minimum Annual Salary: $60,000
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit, draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. The university's alumni network is 100,000 strong. A Carnegie-designated doctoral institution, it is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country.Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years comparable/related experience; management/supervisory skills are required.Desired Qualifications:
- B.A. in International Relations or Studies, International Management or related field, and M.A. in similar field, MPA, Ed., or MBA preferred.
- DSO/ARO training certification confirmation from Homeland Security/SEVP/SEVIS as soon as possible.
- Position will require moving back and forth between Kennesaw and Marietta campuses regularly as well as meetings within the state.
- Preferred skills are familiarity with SEVIS, Sunapsis, SAS, HireTouch, PeopleAdmin, Oracle INB (Banner), Nolij, Microsoft products to include Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of international education
- Experiences in Student Personnel Services or related field
- Knowledge of best practices in international student services and successful record in the creation, development and implementation of student services programs
- Strong organizational and project-management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Hands on experience with budgeting, planning, and scheduling.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of constituents, including faculty, staff, students, parents, and overseas partners to achieve institutional goals.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and work efficiently and effectively with diverse relationships.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering global perspectives.
- A track record of active participation in professional organizations (e.g. AIEA, NAFSA)