Housing Facilities Planner, Architectural - University Housing (A1800319)
Housing Facilities Planner - Architectural
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University Housing at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Housing Facilities Planner - Architectural. This position functions within the University Housing Facilities Planning unit. Housing Facilities Planning works closely with many units across campus and third party contractors in the design, planning and construction of new buildings, remodeling projects, and maintenance repair work. Projects include work of an architectural nature, and range in scope from minor projects to extremely complex renovation and new construction projects. The Housing Facilities Planner - Architectural position provides general oversight during assigned construction and renovation projects.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward our vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students. Requirements and qualifications for the position include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for architectural components in designing, estimating, scheduling, and coordinating the construction of architectural projects, both new construction and renovation projects, in University Housing facilities.
- Interface with University project managers, project coordinator, architects and engineers to provide pertinent technical information for consideration and/or including in the final design plans.
- Ensure all proposed new and renovated facilities meet building codes, regulations and other legal requirements
- Work with Facilities and Services planning staff to provide feedback and information as architectural/engineering questions arise on projects.
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, architectural drawings, specifications, sketches and field notes for construction documents, bids, addenda, and change orders.
- As requested, review and provide feedback on plans and specifications developed by University staff or outside architects, engineers and consultants.
- Assist University Housing departments develop scope of work for projects, with particular attention paid to architectural/engineering requirements.
- Evaluate and report on completed architectural/engineering components of University Housing projects.
- Review and verify the accuracy of project shop drawings in relation to conformance with contract documents and design intent of projects.
- Participate in ongoing and final inspection and testing of project work performed by University Housing employees, Facilities and Services employees, or contractors, and provide end of project punch list as needed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or other related field.
- Minimum of five years' experience preparing architectural drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Minimum of three years' experience estimating, planning and managing construction projects from design through completion in a commercial or industrial setting.
- Experience working with a team of architects, engineers, maintenance staff, and contractors to resolve project related issues.
- Ability to express information on any phase of project work, in written or oral form, so technical and non-technical personnel can understand.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in University Housing, other units across campus, and with third party contractors.
- Ability to monitor and guide construction procedures.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Microsoft Project (or similar) software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural systems and the application of construction products and materials in project design and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes, regulations and other legal requirements as they relate to designing new construction and renovation projects
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by June 25, 2018. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis once the search opens, but no final decision will be made until after the closing date. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Housing Facilities Planner, Architectural - University Housing (A1800319)
Open Date: 05/25/2018
Close Date: 06/25/2018
Organization Name: Hsg Facil-Admin