Coordinator of College Graphics (Senior Graphic Designer)-Temporarily
Category: Professional Staff
Department: Digital Marketing & Media Relations
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: May 24, '18
Ref No.: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by seven goals: to create pathways and partnerships to promote student success; to demonstrate strength through diversity; to develop and cultivate college-wide sustainability initiatives; to expand technology throughout the College; to foster wellness, growth and life-long learning; to identify and close workforce gaps; and to institute a culture of evidence and accountability. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing & Media Relations, the candidate will be a key member of the Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) team responsible for the design and production of print and digital marketing and advertising collateral.This is a temporary six-month sabbatical replacement position from June 15 - December 15, 2018.
- Creates, produces and/or oversees production of high-end internal and external graphic materials including advertisements, catalogs, brochures, posters and other digital and print collaterals.
- Assures quality control on print and digital collateral and adheres to "visual look" of the college's visual communications materials.
- Collaborates with team members within the Digital Marketing & Media Relations department as well as across the Division of Integrated Marketing and Communications.
- Liaisons with faculty, staff, administration and internal stakeholders concerning their graphic needs/requests.
- Liaisons with external vendors including printers, photographers and illustrators.
- Provides specs, obtains quotes and supports documentation for the PO/requisition process relative to assigned design projects.
- At least 3 years of professional graphic design experience and an ability to hit the ground running.
- Must demonstrate strong computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess complete functional knowledge of industry-standard graphic design software packages for layout, illustration and photo manipulation including all Adobe Creative Suite applications and Microsoft Office products.
- Must demonstrate superior design capabilities through skillful layout of content, graphic elements and type, and demonstrate advanced proficiency in the creation and use of style sheets.
- Must possess a complete functional understanding of digital file preparation for all output targets including print, web and interactive media.
- Must possess the ability to manage time and multiple projects within budget, interact with vendors prepare print specifications and review press proofs.
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Salary Range: $44,852.00 - $51,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 3, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By June 7, 2018.
Submit Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications and Resume through the Apply URL: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.