Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Physiology & Biophysics (Cluster Hire Initiative - Tr
Open May 24th, 2018 through August 31st, 2018
The University of California Irvine (UCI) Department of Physiology and Biophysics invites applications for two (2) full-time positions in the department as part of our cluster hire initiative. The academic appointments will be at the Assistant, Associate or Professor levels, which confer membership in the UCI Academic Senate. The department seeks a PhD, MD, or MD-PhD who will be expected to establish an outstanding extramurally funded independent research program in the field of biochemistry, biophysics, ophthalmology, and pharmacology with an emphasis on visual pathways and diseases. This appointment will be one of several new positions being created as part of the Ophthalmology cluster hire initiative at UCI to enhance and expand existing strengths in the area of vision science and related diseases. The cluster aims to create a synergistic, interdepartmental concentration that utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to more deeply understand and address pathologies of visual disorders. The program will leverage outstanding existing resources and strengths of UCI Health, School of Medicine, and partners across the UCI campus, including the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, Cancer Research Institute, the Bill and Sue Gross Stem Cell Research Center, and the Institute for Immunology. In addition, candidates will be expected to support institutional and departmental teaching and mentoring missions to medical and graduate students, residents, fellows, and young faculty. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and expectations.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Professor Rongsheng Jin, Ph.D. Search Committee Chair; Department of Physiology and Biophysics; C-333, Medical Sciences C; University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697.
Applicants should complete the application profile at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04590 and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of research interests (up to 3 pages)
- Summary of teaching philosophy
- Names and contact information for 3-5 referees
- PDFs of 3-5 recent publication
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Your opportunity to enhance your application packet.
- Statement of Research - Your statement may include a research plan, brief description, and/or scholarly interests.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now