Student Financial Aid Processing Specialist (PT)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Student Financial Aid Processing Specialist . The Student Financial Aid Processing Specialist is responsible for processing over 4,700 federal reports annually ensuring that initial, federal student aid eligibility criteria are met. This individual is charged with staying abreast of changes to the federal and state regulations to ensure compliance. Responsibilities of the Student Financial Aid Processing Specialist include determining eligibility and awarding student financial aid for both internal and external programs, leading to the disbursement of over $10,500,000. Additionally, this individual will serve as part of a team, which provides support services for internal and external customers of Edison State Community College.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Functional Shared Responsibilities:
- Manage the document tracking process in order to communicate document needs to applicants.
- Review internal/external tuition waivers, scholarships, and third party billing and award accordingly.
- Respond to student financial aid/enrollment verification inquiries.
- Review and adjust Pell Grant awards at lock dates during semesters.
- Process and record Consortium Agreements.
- Correspond with students as needed regarding any missing documents or additional required information in order to process their financial aid.
- Report origination and disbursement of federal grants to the federal government.
- Assist with updating and maintaining student information in databases.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of new software packages, their purposes and practicality. Communicate software and hardware needs and request technical support for the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Utilize all federal and state software packages and online resources.
- Assist the Director of Student Financial Aid and the Coordinator of Student Financial Aid as needed.
- Participate in professional development activities to broaden awareness of financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on appropriate committees.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Functional Specific Responsibilities:
- Review eligibility and award federal student loans.
- Process Pell Grant award letters and ineligible letters.
- Review returned Financial Aid mail and update students' records.
- Process unlinked ISIRS
- Review for eligibility and award State OCOG Grants
- Act as back up financial aid processor in the Return to Title IV process, FWS process, and ISIR importing and assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
Person should be able to demonstrate the utilization of computer systems in extracting, analyzing, and utilizing data. Person should be detail-oriented, accurate, organized, flexible, a self-starter, and is able to meet numerous deadlines.
Six months experience with complex office procedures required. Experience in financial aid systems and processes preferred.
Maintaining the confidentiality of private information in order to comply with laws, rules, policies and procedures.
Required Educational Background:
Associate degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Supervises Following Staff:
This position may supervise work-study students employed by the office of Student Financial Aid.