Director of Admission
JOB TITLE: Director of Admission
Reporting Relationship: Reports to vice president for strategy and enrollment. Supervises admissions staff.
Hanover College seeks a dynamic, strategic and innovative enrollment professional to serve as its next Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Vice President for Strategy and Enrollment, the director will lead an enrollment team of 14 professionals. The director will offer strategic vision and must be able to execute initiatives that shape the future of enrollment at Hanover College.
As a trusted advisor and strategic partner, the director will collaborate and work closely with the Vice President for Strategy and Enrollment, Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Operations Director, along with campus leadership to set and meet enrollment goals established in Hanover’s strategic plan.
The director will work closely with Hanover’s Office of Marketing and Communication on messaging, communication and recruitment strategies to build-out and manage Hanover’s brand and value proposition to key constituents.
The director will manage the enrollment division in partnership with the Vice President for Strategy and Enrollment. The Director will lead, inspire, coach, mentor and serve as a professional development conduit for staff. The director participates in the development and oversees the implementation of marketing, student search, and admission strategies; is responsible for vendor and procurement management; and serves on both the Admission and Scholarship Committees.
- Advise, counsel and work closely with the Vice President for Strategy and Enrollment on matters related to the development and implementation of policy, budget, personnel, strategic planning and team building.
- Prepare, submit, and administer annual admission and recruiting budget.
- Participates in the development and oversees implementation of recruitment strategy and policy built upon the institutional strategic plan enrollment goals.
- Assists in developing admission marketing and recruitment materials.
- Responsible for vendor and procurement management.
- Serves as member of the Admission and Scholarship Committees.
- Serve as a campus advocate and champion to broaden diversity and build institutional capacity for admissions, financial aid and marketing.
- Represents the college in various state and national organizations.
- Responsible for coordination of international and transfer student recruitment initiatives.
- Foster an environment of inclusion, access and success for student recruitment.
- Work collaboratively across campus departments to build awareness and importance of enrollment goals.
- Experience in financial aid modeling, predictive analytics, and Slate CRM optimization.
- Represent the college at selected high schools and college fairs.
- Interviews prospective students.
- Evaluate academic credentials and recommend admission decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s strongly preferred
Experience: Minimum of seven years’ experience in college admission
Skills required: Ability to direct and organize people to achieve desired results. Ability to organize and prioritize workload. Ability to meet deadlines. Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with client-centered attitude. Knowledge of PC Windows based computing environment, and functionality of Slate CRM system functionality, required to participate in training as office software and/or system changes mandate.
Requirements: Must be able to make decisions and respond to challenges quickly and with ease. Must be able to assist staff members with unusual and complex issues. Standing/sitting/walking for extended periods. Professionalism and complete confidentiality when counseling students and/or parents. Able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
Apply for Director of Admission
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly