Transportation Maintenance I
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Management - Parking & Transportation
Job Title: Transportation Maintenance I
Position #218437 - Requisition #13718
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Facilities Management has an opening for a full-time, State classified Transportation Maintenance I position.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read more about us here.
This position exist to perform a variety of tasks related to the general and specialized care and maintenance of the campus roads, streets, parking lots, parking structures, and equipment as necessary to permit day to day parking, traffic and roads operation, including parking and roads sweeping, picking up trash, pavement repairs, pavement painting, installing and maintaining signage, replacing light bulbs, completing light inspection reports, performing snow removal either manually of by operating heavy duty trucks or skid steer, loaders, backhoes, ice melting materials and equipment.
This position also assists with traffic control during special event including commencement, providing the labor force necessary to keep a safe and sanitary work environment and proper and timely set ups for functions at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Examples of Work Performed:
Parking Maintenance (60%)
Tools and equipment maintenance, pothole repairs, striping, crack sealing, light inspections and repairs, weed control, elevators cleaning, parking lots sweeping and power washing, snow removal functions, signage installation, others. Use appropriate and established techniques to remove snow and ice from campus parking lots by using heavy duty trucks with plow, tractors, front end loaders, bob cats, ice melting solutions applications with spreaders, others.
Road Maintenance (30%)
Maintain a clean, safe, and functioning street and roads at the Anschutz Medical Campus. Tools and equipment maintenance perform power sweeping and power washing, light inspections, striping, signage, and snow removal, street repairs including pothole, crack repairs and seal coating, set up traffic control barricades and devices.
Use appropriate and established techniques to remove snow and ice from campus roads and loading docks by using heavy duty trucks with plow, tractors, front end loaders, bob cats, ice melting solutions applications with spreaders, others.
Storm Sewer (5%)
Complete storm sewer inspection report, clean street curbs and gutters, clean inlet pit as needed, remove dirt and debris from manholes around the Anschutz Medical Campus.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
Special events duties including assist with food catering deliveries, emergencies response, others. Participates and assist in emergency based on the magnitude and nature. Support various special events both in participation and during the event (i.e. Commencement) may be assigned other duties as required. Remove snow and ice from loading docks ramps and steps.
Salary & Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $2,864-$4,072 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Two years of experience operating heavy duty equipment
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado Driver's License
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application
- Must be willing and able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug test
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, incident, or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Facilities Operations Department Policies
- NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, "Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week" and may be required to carry a cell phone. Position may also be required to "Stay over late" or "Come in early" to "Cover" shifts, as needed and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. occasionally, and up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 20 lbs. constantly
- Must be willing and able to walk, stand, use manual dexterity, and eye/hand coordination constantly
- Must be willing and able to sit, climb, crawl, kneel, bend, reach, push, and pull frequently
- Must be willing and able to work outside, exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather, and in high, exposed places
- Must be willing and able to work with others and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be willing and able to work in small, confined spaces and work around machinery or moving equipment
- Must be willing and able to operate equipment and vehicles
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Physical abilities
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 6th, 2018 To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20694 - ADM-AVCFO Parking
Posting Date: May 23, 2018
Closing Date: Jun 6, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sean McBride
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00218437