Senior Director of Operations
Senior Director of Operations
Gabelli School of Business
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution in the cultural heart of New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 15,100 undergraduate and graduate students in its 10 Colleges and Schools.
The Senior Director of Operations oversees multiple functions that are core to the operational health of the Gabelli School, primary among them the planning and management of the school budget. Other key tasks include acting as liaison to the university’s finance and human resources departments and overseeing local level strategic planning. The Senior Director of Operations must have a masterful understanding of all resources available to the school and competently make recommendations to the Dean on how to align those resources with the school’s strategic goals and differentiators.
- Works with the Dean to develop the annual financial goals and budgetary strategy of the Gabelli School of Business. Holds primary responsibility for high-level budget oversight and continuous financial planning throughout the year.
- Takes a leadership role in budget estimating, planning, development, and forecasting. Creates long-range models to predict the impact of trends and changes, using knowledge of the higher education landscape to inform these models.
- Provides oversight and management in developing the annual revenue and expense budgets for all units within the Gabelli School, including planning expenditures of operating funds, reserve funds, restricted funds, and quasi-endowed funds.
- Continually monitors the school’s financial performance and identifies avenues toward improvement, conducting cost benefit analyses, staffing and program evaluations, and other research to inform recommendations.
- Uses strategic thinking to balance the budget when changing circumstances demand adjustments.
- Supervises all local-level strategic planning activities in cooperation with the Dean.
- Represents the Gabelli School in University-level budget meetings as directed by the Dean.
- Advises the Dean on ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization, drawing on solutions that are organizational, financial, and operational.
- Oversees the replacement, restructuring, and creation of Gabelli School staff positions in conjunction with the Dean.
- Helps the Dean to create structures for faculty and staff motivation and accountability so that all employees are contributing to their full potential and meeting or exceeding expectations. Fosters a culture of excellence and empathy that supports these structures and initiatives.
- Serves as the Gabelli School’s liaison to the University’s human resources office and supports the Dean in working with the provost’s office.
- Supervises the Associate Director of Finance and Administration.
- Advanced degree preferred, ideally an MBA or MS in a business field. A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business is required. CPA licensure is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience, some of which must be in a senior management role. Familiarity with or experience in higher education is preferred.
- Keen eye for identifying areas of improvement in budgeting and financial planning.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assess potential financial exposures and develop timelines for corrective action.
- Demonstrated excellence in inspiring, motivating, and managing staff.
- Ability to marshal the forces of a large organization and increase overall performance.
- High-level oral and written communication skills and an ability to synthesize complex issues into presentations to senior level audiences.
- Advanced computer proficiency (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software), with advanced proficiency in Banner Finance preferred.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email below:
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
START DATE: 6/4/18
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 15,100 students in its four undergraduate colleges and its six graduate and professional schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre at Heythrop College in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Apply for Senior Director of Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly