Case Manager, Integrated Care
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Colonial Health Center (CHC), a multidisciplinary, integrated, student healthcare service, serves as the primary mental health agency for GW students and the entire campus community. One of our missions is to support students' mental health and personal development by collaborating directly with students to overcome difficulties and challenges that may interfere with their academic, emotional, and personal success.
The Colonial Health Center seeks a Case Manager, Integrated Care to manage client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, communication, education and the identification and facilitation of services. The Case Manager reports to the Associate Dean, CHC and supervises the case manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Triages student healthcare evaluation requests from students, clinical staff, GW faculty and staff, and all concerned community members.
• Takes brief history of students including clinical assessment of psychiatric/suicidal risk to determine urgency of needs. To include requesting and collecting of treatment records prior to appointments or during the course of treatment.
• Actively manages high-risk students from intake to referral.
• Coordinates the integrated care management team working with mental health and primary care clinicians to ensure best possible care.
• Educates students, as well as families and the community, regarding the integrated healthcare services and policies.
• Develops relationships with community healthcare providers, maintains an expert knowledge of health community resources, grows an extensive list of in- and out-of network providers for insurance plans, to enable the best possible care for students.
• Manages referral process, works with providers during hospitalizations or intensive/specialized out-patient care.
• Manages administrative processes in conjunction with integrated care.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization, plus one year of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Masters in clinical social work, professional counseling, psychology or other behavioral health discipline plus one year of post degree experience. A DC License in an appropriate field is required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in outpatient medical and/or mental health setting
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills- in person, in writing and via technology
• Highly developed organizational and time management skills
• Evidence of organizational understanding and an ability to work collaboratively
• Experience in organizing and prioritizing workload to meet required deadlines and department objectives
• Knowledge of and experience with electronic medical records (EMR), Word and Excel
• Sensitivity to confidentiality, diversity, and multicultural issues
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Health Services Sub-Family Administrative Operations Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm, with occasional nights and weekends Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status.
- In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of “2014 – 2015,” it should include “April 2014 – January 2015” or similar information.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- * What is your desired salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter