Program Director I, Police Academy
The salary minimum for this position is $46,774.00 annually. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Program Director I, Police Academy
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Police Academy Director oversees the Basic Peace Officer Academy by managing a program that fulfills a significant objective of the College. Primary focus is on performing management duties including, but not limited to, develop and implement short/long term planning, budget responsibility, program leadership and supervision.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees, prepares, and maintains Peace Officer Academy (POA) records and files as required by state agencies, internal policies, and internal and external reviews.
2. Plans, develops, directs, manages, and coordinates the POA to insure compliance with POST requirements and policies and procedures. Schedules instructors, places book orders, facilitates the POA student selection process, makes recommendations for PT instructors, and oversees the POA curriculum and day-to-day activities.
3. Provides student advising for the POA certificate and the Police Studies AAS Degree.
4.Creates, prepares, reviews and disperses promotional materials for the POA, participates in recruiting and retention activities for the Criminal Justice Department.
5. Attend meetings, committees, taskforces, etc., as a program liaison both internally and externally to the college to provide and receive program input on such things as curriculum standards, mandated policies and procedures, techniques to enhance student learning, and to maintain POST Accreditation.
6. Provides observation, orientation, training, support, and evaluation for POA part-time instructors.
7. Monitors and makes administrative recommendations (e.g. budget, hiring, off-campus training sites/contracts, articulation agreements).
8. Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Bachelor's Degree in CRJ or related field plus three (3) years related experience to include one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Basic Peace Officer Academy Certificate of Completion (does not need to be current).
Master's Degree in CRJ or related area.
Mostly Monday-Friday with some weekends required.
Open Until Filled
Valid Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at "http://jobs.aims.edu".
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials. Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, Resume, Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity) Transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if hired.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3165
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document