Classroom Assistant - Limited
8AM - 5PM
$35,120 - $40,215
Under the general supervision of the Early Childhood Services (ECS) Executive Director, Site Supervisor, and the close supervision of the classroom Lead Teacher, the Classroom Assistant will provide assistance to ensure the smooth function of daily routines, implementation of the early care and education programs, and ensure compliance with mandated adult:child ratios. Works as part of the Early Childhood Services teaching team.
UCR's Early Childhood Services, we believe that children learn best in an environment that is safe, nurturing and child centered. Our teachers provide daily experiences that stimulate cognitive, social and emotional growth and development in each individual.
The programs provided by Early Childhood Services have been carefully planned to meet the goals, expectations and policies of the University of California, the California Department of Education-Child Development Division, the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the Center's staff and parents.
The staff is a team made up of Child Development professionals consisting of the Executive Director, lead teachers, teaching assistants, early childhood education interns, a music teacher and clerical personnel. All teachers hold a valid Child Development credential issued by the State of California Commission on Teaching Credentialing, and all are employees of the University of California, Riverside.
**This job posting is for multiple Part-Time Limited positions which cannot exceed 1,000 working hours in a 12-month consecutive period. Hours will vary or rotate based on classroom needs. Negative TB test and background check clearance required prior to appointment start date.**
1. Must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent. Six (6) units of Early Childhood Education.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a licensed child development center.
3. Knowledge of appropriate health and safety standards for toileting, food handling and hand washing.
4. Knowledge of National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
5. Knowledge of current philosophies and research in early care and education, Pre-K Guidelines, and Early Literacy.
6. Skill to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents.
7. Skill to maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. Skills to take direction in meeting children's needs, classroom needs and parent needs.
9. Physical ability to lift and carry children up to 30 pounds, frequently and as necessary.
10. Hired applicant must successfully pass a background check prior to appointment start date.
1. Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
2. Ability to perform CPR/First Aid on children who have been injured and may be unable to stand up and/or walk.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview