Instructor to Assistant Teaching Professor
Job ID 20554
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The University of Missouri Sinclair School Of Nursing in Columbia, MO seeks applicants for a faculty position primarily responsible for instructing in Pediatrics and/or Psychiatric/Mental Health, and may include other instructional activities in the master's and DNP programs.
Student support in advising and participating on School of Nursing committees and student committees will be required. Working with students on doctoral projects will be required for an Assistant Teaching Professor rank.
Questions may be addressed to:
Amy Vogelsmeier, PhD, RN Associate Professor
Preparation in Family, Pediatrics & Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; Pediatrics & Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist; and Nursing Leadership & Innovations in Health Care. Doctoral degree in nursing is preferred. Prior teaching experience including online teaching experience is also preferred. All candidates should be able to teach in the undergraduate and graduate program.
School and University Information
- The Sinclair School of Nursing is a vital part of the University's academic health care center, which includes the School of Medicine, the School of Health Professions, University Health Care, and University Physicians.
- U.S. News & World Report rank both the Master's and DNP programs in the top 50.
- 19 faculty are Fellows in the American Academy of Nursing.
- Exceptional research office support to move faculty to become well-funded, internationally known nurse researchers.
- Faculty have very high scholarly productivity according to Academic Analytics.
- Total faculty average annual publications = 80.
- The Sinclair School of Nursing degree programs include BSN, RN-BSN, Accelerated BSN, MS(N), DNP, and PhD. RN-BSN, MS(N), DNP, and PhD courses are distance-mediated.
- The University of Missouri has been a member of the Association of American Universities since 1908.
- The University of Missouri supports interdisciplinary research.
- The Sinclair School of Nursing is home to the nation's only Meta-Analysis Center - led by nurse scientist meta-analysis experts.
- Student outcomes exceed national norms.
- Program excellence benchmarks exceed national aspirational school benchmarks (Educational Benchmarking Incorporated).
- Active alumni and development officer support.
Rank and salary are competitive and commensurate with professional background and experience.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
Apply online with a cover letter, contact information for four references and curriculum vitae. Formal review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.