Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) Lecturer/Director
Functional Title Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) Lecturer/Director
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
The Lecturer/Director is a full-time position reporting directly to the Department Head of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. The position works with the chair of the department's Graduate Programs Committee and the faculty of the Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. The primary areas of responsibility include recruiting, advising and supporting graduate students, managing curriculum and assessment, along with some teaching of graduate and undergraduate level information systems classes.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with marketing and recruiting activities of degree programs, communicating with MSITM students (prospective, pending, admitted and enrolled students), actively promoting accelerated Master's program and administering necessary paperwork, advising students, maintaining and updating program documents, administering surveys to graduating students, maintaining alumni database, conducting alumni outreach, submitting recommendations for fellowships and scholarships, and teaching courses. Additional duties include providing administrative and clerical support for the MSITM office, recommending graduate assistants (GAs) in consultation with Department Head and chair of the MSITM Committee, maintaining accurate records of GA assignments and budget, and monitoring I-9 requirements for GAs. Duties shall also include supporting professional outreach programs and initiatives. This position will oversee and provide support for responsibilities related to accreditation and assurance of learning.
- A master's degree in Information Systems or closely related field.
- Recent and relevant professional experience in the information systems area.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
The candidate must meet both SACSCOC and AACSB related qualification standards to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in information systems. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong communication, organization, and planning skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants must upload the following:
- Cover letter detailing personal qualifications as they relate to the position description.
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Info Systems and Supply Chain Mgmt - 11806
Job Open Date 05/21/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu