FAST-ION PHYSICS ON DIII-D
Open May 21st, 2018 through July 15th, 2018
If you apply to this recruitment by July 15th, 2018, you will have until July 27th, 2018 to complete your application.
The successful applicant will be stationed at the DIII-D tokamak as a member of the Energetic Particle group. He or she will be responsible for two scintillator-based fast-ion loss detectors, will help develop a new imaging neutral particle analyzer that views trapped particles, will participate in and lead fast-ion physics experiments, and will write papers on fast-ion transport by instabilities.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent prior to beginning the appointment.
Applicants should send a CV, publication list, statement of research interests, and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be submitted via UC Irvine's online application system, RECRUIT, located at http://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04647.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now