8AM - 5PM
$32,656 - $37,835
UC Riverside Graduate School of Education is seeking a Laboratory Assistant I to provide research assistance on the Smooth Sailing and Collaborative Family Study research project,a longitudinal study of children and their families. Schedule family assessments, manage data (collection/entry/checking/cleaning), participate in English or Spanish-speaking family recruitment, interview parents about their child's development in English or Spanish, purchase/order supplies for the project, maintain a positive working relationship with participating families, Principal Investigators, doctoral students and staff from UCR.
1. Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma and one year of laboratory experience or two years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences,; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
2. Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with co-workers on a variety of administrative, research, and clinical functions.
3. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, doctoral students, administrative staff, interns, and participating families.
4. Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflect relative importance of job responsibilities in order to complete work in a timely manner.
5. Skill in speaking clearly and concisely using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to individuals at various organizational levels.
6. Skill in writing and preparing routine administrative correspondence, such as agendas, reports, letters, and emails using proper grammar and spelling.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Skill in using desktop computers and software applications.
9. Knowledge of descriptive statistics and SPSS program, and experience with entering and running data.
10. Skill in interacting and working collaboratively with persons of various cultural, economic, educational, and ability backgrounds.
11. Ability to speak fluent Spanish.
12. Some experience with children
1. B.A. or B.S degree in psychology, education, neuroscience, biology, or other field providing knowledge of childrens development.
2. Knowledge of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents, and experience in administering screening instruments for autism.
3. Experience in working with children and adolescents with disabilities.
4. Knowledge of developmental delays and behavioral problems in children and adolescents, and experience in interviewing and assessing youth and parents.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview