HUB Specialist (HUB Analyst)
HUB Specialist (HUB Analyst)
System Treasurer - 927000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8-5 w/ some flex and overtime as needed
The University of North Texas System HUB Program is committed to building relationships, creating opportunity, and advancing diversity by demonstrating a sincere, good faith effort to bring State of Texas HUB certified vendors and contractors into the procurement process to allow a fair chance for competition. The HUB program team is one of the service teams that works at the UNTS Business Service Center, located in Denton, Texas. Other departments housed there to provide a diverse range of services to all of our institutions include procurement services, accounts payable, payroll, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; accounting and financial reporting, UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, and the BSC centralized administrative support services. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment.
The UNT System HUB Program is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a HUB Specialist. This position performs routine (journey-level) HUB work related to business relationship building and purchasing. Work involves HUB vendor relationship management, purchasing and procuring commodities, equipment, and services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provides direct service to vendors and potential vendors.
* Assists vendors with HUB certification process.
* Analyzes expenditure data and provides monthly reports to management.
* Prepares expenditure data for required state HUB reporting.
* Assists with some HUB outreach events in the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Denton area.
* Delivers customer service to internal and external customers that supports the values and mission of UNT System shared services.
This position is located in Denton, Texas at the UNTS Business Service Center, 1112 Dallas Drive, Ste 4000.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting
* Financial record keeping
* Working knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas experience
* Higher Education experience
* Historically Underutilized Business program experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting