Marketing, Communications, and Events Specialist
Salary: $40,300 - $59,800
Title: Marketing, Communications, and Events Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SPP - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 05/18/2018
Position Information: With a motto of "Solutions for the Region, Solutions for the World," the UCR School of Public Policy (SPP) is training tomorrow's leaders in data-driven, solution-based policy-making, so that by the time they graduate they will have the ability to bring fresh, bold thinking to solve the complex challenges facing our region and the world. Established in 2012, the SPP is the latest addition to the UC Riverside academic enterprise and is home to a Master of Public Policy program (launched in Fall 2015), a forthcoming undergraduate public policy program (to be transferred to the School effective July 1st, 2018), as well as various affiliated research centers. Reporting to the Marketing, Events, and Communications Manager, the Marketing, Events, and Communications Specialist assists with all marketing and communications activities and events of the SPP, with the primary aim of advancing the SPP brand. NOTE: Portfolios may be required of top candidates.
Minimum Requirements: Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Good organizational skills.
Basic knowledge of marketing principles, strategies, techniques and practices.
Basic knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, including its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Basic knowledge of social media communication, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to maintain a high standard of productivity in a fast-paced environment despite frequent interruptions. Ability to complete a large volume of diverse tasks efficiently and simultaneously, with great detail orientation, meeting established deadlines.
Ability to effectively work with various clients such as faculty, staff, students, and guest speakers, showcasing customer service orientation and utmost professionalism in attire and demeanor.
Basic knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and practices of event planning, including event design, organization, and production.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Basic knowledge of Mac OSX, iOS, and/or Android operating systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Premiere Pro.
Basic knowledge of Eventbrite or other RSVP management tools.
Basic knowledge of Mailchimp or other email marketing services.
Basic experience with task or project management tools such as Basecamp or Wunderlist.
Basic knowledge of web content management via OmniUpdate and/or Drupal Acquia Site Factory.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview