Admissions-TCOM - 300620
The Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions And Outreach office is located in the Student Service Center on the University of Texas Health Science Center campus.
The TCOM Admissions and Outreach office is dedicated in recruiting a diverse student body with the academic and humanistic qualifications to become accomplish osteopathic physicians dedicated to patient care and service to their communities.
The Admissions-TCOM Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Recruitment/Admissions Associate to join our team.
Responsible for assisting the Admissions Director in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing all phases of recruitment and admissions. Provides exceptional customer service. Assisting the director in several duties related to admission procedures, selection of students, maintaining the database of all the information related to the admissions, general administration and relevant management, etc.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Responds to inquiries or requests from prospects.
* Coordinates and conducts tours for prospective residents.
* Maintains computerized records of prospects and contact persons and produces timely reports using the information in the data base.
* Ensures that brochures are readily available on request and is sent out to prospective students upon request.
* Assists in the overall operations of the recruitment/admissions team.
* Provides outstanding customer service to the prospective students as well as the current students.
* Assists with the application and admissions process.
* Follows up with students and promptly via emails or regular mail, telephone or by having a brief face to face interaction with students.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Department Specific Responsibilities:
* Coordinates the work of the TCOM Medical Student Admissions Committee including meeting schedules, logistics, document management, and manage day-to-day room schedules.
* Prepares applicant files for review by the admissions committee.
* Serve as an informational resource for admissions committee members.
* Maintain applicant progress during committee deliberations in Enterprise Information System (EIS) and well maintain minutes of meetings.
* Foster and maintain good working professional relationships with campus community and office staff.
* Maintain confidentiality of student records and admissions decisions.
* Oversee intake of faculty interview results.
* Follow up with students and/or related UNTHSC personnel promptly either through emails, telephone or regular mail or by having a brief face to face interaction.
* May serve as an medical school applicant interviewer on a as needed basis.
* Serve as administrative support for the TCOM Scholarship Committee.
* Perform other tasks as needed in the function of the admissions office.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and one (1) year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Prior experience in higher education with admissions or an environment where comparable job skills are acquired.
* Experience on a health science center campus.
Communication/Interpersonal Skills- Clearly and candidly expresses self in a professional manner; Actively listens and seeks input to ensure understanding; Adapts communication to be appropriate to other's level of understanding; Objectively considers other's ideas, even when they conflict with own ideas; Ensures smooth transition of important information from one person or department to another.
Relationship Building- Able to develop and maintain highly effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally; Able to engage, coach, and influence senior leaders and other key stakeholders; Help team members learn the interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with others; Facilitate an environment of trust and respect between team members; Maintain a broad network of internal working relationships; Help others develop a broad network of working relationships.
Customer Focus- Continually searches for ways to provide value-added solutions to customers; Understands and anticipates customer's needs and keeps customer's needs in mind when making decisions; Takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; Solicits customer feedback to ensure satisfaction with product, service and/or relationship; Treats customers using the "Golden Rule;" Uses customer's name and respects needs of different age groups and cultural diversity.
Accuracy/Attention to Detail- Maintains job performance and focus under pressure; Adapts to changing needs; Able to respond appropriately to new information and schedule changes; Handles stress in an appropriate manner; Performs a variety of tasks; Remains calm and is instrumental in keeping others calm.
Organization/Time Management- Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, without jeopardizing excellent service; Prioritizes tasks appropriately; Adjusts priorities when appropriate; Able to stay focused on the task at hand; Allocates appropriate amount of time for completing own work; Quickly able to determine roadblocks to accomplishing a goal; Avoids scheduling conflicts.
Seven Common Factors:
Functional Knowledge - Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline
Business Expertise - Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area
Leadership - No supervisory responsibilities
Problem Solving - Uses judgement based on practice and precedence
Nature of Impact - Direct impact by ensuring the quality of the task/services/information provided by self and others
Area of Impact - Primarily on closely related work teams
Interpersonal Skills - Information exchange requiring tact and diplomacy is a significant feature of the job
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
***This position may require work outside the standard 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. schedule during seasonal peak periods. UNTHSC employees may earn compensatory time for hours worked beyond the normal 40 hour work week.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled