Director of Student Conduct
Position Title: Director of Student Conduct
Position Number: 000130
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Department: Student Affairs
Posting Number: 0401218
SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty)
Job Category: Professional
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Division of Student Affairs encompasses the administrative Office of the Vice Chancellor and the following units. Student Conduct, Career Services, Center for Personal Development, Intramural & Campus Recreation Services, Office of Residence Life, Office of Student Engagement, Rudolph Jones Student Center, and Student Health Services. The Division's primary role is to provide an exceptional co-curricular experience, supportive of the academic program at Fayetteville State University from orientation through graduation.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Director of Student Conduct is a highly visible and energetic student advocate and promoter of student achievement. The Director of Student Conduct is responsible for the administration of the University's student conduct program under the supervision of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
Description of Work Continued:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Student Conduct reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and supervises judicial affairs and leads data-based decision making, initiates progress, identifies trends and makes appropriate recommendations for adjustments and/or conclusions; and carries out special projects as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
• Directs student conduct and judicial issues, administration of mediating disputes, conducting formal disciplinary hearings, and educating the campus community on code of conduct.
• Provides administrative direction and intervention for crisis and non-crisis situations, managing student conduct issues, investigating and fact finding into various student related incidences.
• Serves as the university conduct officer that is responsible for investigating both individual and student organization potential violations of the student code of conduct.
• Provides leadership and guidance to staff regarding problem solving and identifying appropriate and available services for students. Oversees the coordination and training of student conduct board.
• Oversees records and database management. Maintains and secures records relating to student conduct case management. Manages the systems and databases (Maxient) to accurately maintain case information regarding student concerns; such as conduct, on campus housing cases, counseling.
• Creates and maintains Judicial Affairs website;
• Recommends to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs changes to policies, procedures, and code of conduct as necessary and assists in coordinating the review of the student code of conduct.
• Trains and advises Residence Life Staff, Residence Life student leaders, and other institutional staff on conduct-related matters
• Coordinates and oversees publications related to the Student Integrity Code, other institutional policies, and Student Conduct, both in print and online
• Leads Division of Student Affairs in adoption of restorative justice and circle practices, both in and outside of Student Conduct processes
• Challenges students to adopt an informed set of ethics and values expressed through civility, academic integrity, acceptable standards of behavior, and a commitment to social responsibility.
• Creates end-of-year report summarizing student conduct statistics and contributions to student learning outcomes, and compile other reports as needed
• Coordinates educational programs for students and staff to proactively address student concerns.
• Collects data, analyzes, prepares, and disseminates reports/assessments for all areas of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
A Master's degree or higher in student personnel administration, higher education administration, or a related field is required.
Availability on nights and weekends
Knowledge skills and abilities:
Ability to undertake independent projects and manage competing tasks
Working knowledge of regulatory compliance issues such as Title IX and the Clery Act
Professional standards of confidentiality, personal integrity, and ability to work closely with all constituencies of FSU
Ability to utilize assessment instrumentation to effectively review, evaluate, and drive student outcomes in accordance to CAS Standards
Student Affairs experience desired
Closing Date: 05/28/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * If you answered yes to "Do you have a Masters Degree", what was your major?
(Open Ended Question)
- * As stated in the job description, this position may require weekend work. Are you available to work weekends?
- * What experience do you have in higher education and student affairs?
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.