Accountant - Business Office
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
This position is responsible for reviewing, recording & reconciling general ledger activities in the PeopleSoft Financial System. This person also downloads payroll from ADP system and creates journals to post in PeopleSoft Financials. Additionally, assists in preparing journals for departmental billings & deposits. This position is responsible for providing accounting for trusts and annuities transactions in coordination with third party administrator. The position also has a key role in the monthly accounting close and annual audit preparation. This individual provides key support to the Accounting Operations Manager.
- BS or BA degree in accounting or equivalent technical experience. .
- At least 5 years accounting experience preferably in higher education.
- Experience in Trust and Annuity administration is a plus.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Review and post general ledger transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, agency rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares governmental reports to maintain compliance.
- Exercises and expands understanding of gift, trust and annuity accounting, and other tax and accounting compliance and serve as a resource to other internal personnel.
- Maintain detailed records and systems to account for trusts, annuities and related investments
- Liaison with third party trust administrator to facilitate preparation of annual K-1s.
- Provides financial data with explanations and interpretation as requested by management.
- Provides financial information for compliance reporting by other areas within the university.
- Provides internal accounting support to team members and departments within the university.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs various related accounting duties as assigned by Accounting Operations manager.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.