Web Developer and Project Analyst - Office of Human Resources
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The office of Human Resources at Azusa Pacific University is transforming the way the university gets work done. By modernizing processes, upgrading systems, and optimizing our technology, our goal is to help university employees do HR anytime, anywhere. To help us accomplish this goal, our team is seeking a Web developer & project analyst to help champion modern solutions to challenging problems. The person who fills this role will work on variety of HR and university-wide projects. This person will identify areas for process, workflow, or system improvements, and will work on projects to implement those improvements. The work will often involve working with various internal customers with designing new workflows and then developing code to make improvements a reality.
This position will be responsible for envisioning and implementing (1) new possibilities for more efficient workflows, (2) better use of technology to automate processes, and (3) new features in organizational systems to support the ever evolving HR needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience programming in ColdFusion
- 10+ years of experience coding Oracle PL/SQL or other equivalent relational database SQL
- 5+ years of experience in overseeing technology projects in a large organization
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems is preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Acts as primary point-of-contact on all HR technology-related Web and Cloud based projects
- Develops enhancements and performs maintenance on existing applications, systems and sub-systems
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through production support.
- Write well- designed, testable, efficient and secure code.
- Present the status of HR projects to senior leadership
- Develop, test and deploy high-quality web applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve software
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Demonstrates proficiency with preparation of detailed project plans, including activity definition, task sequencing and resources requirements.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders at all levels for introducing new and innovative ideas that will deliver a significant impact for the future of HR processes and modernization efforts.
- Analyzes and interprets requirements, data analysis, data design, and data integrity
- Helps to find opportunities to operate the HR organization using lean and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Support HR service desk incident processing to troubleshoot and resolve reported problems in a timely manner.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting those for architectural review.
- Works with department users and HR staff to define scope, boundaries, and deliverables for applications development projects
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology and Operations to implement new technology across HR functional areas and to automate processes that improve organizational efficiency
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.