QUALITY ASSURANCE AUTOMATION LEAD
JOB NO.: 94373-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/ADI/HRIS INFRA
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94373-AS
Working Title: Quality Assurance Automation Lead
Official Title: SR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32BN)
Hiring Department: A062040-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ADI/HRIS INFRA
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 16, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $95,000 Maximum $105,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 7+ years of experience in the test automation domain with at least 4 years of test leadership experience
* Minimum 4 years of hands on experience with writing, executing, monitoring, and maintaining scripts in a test automation tool
* Minimum 4 years of experience in test management with a test defect management tool
* Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans
* Excellent knowledge of testing fundamentals
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills and orientation
* Demonstrated desire to learn new things
* Minimum of 1 year of formal training or education-based experience
* Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions
* Expertise in multiple applications and technical disciplines
* Experience testing applications for usability and accessibility
* Experience managing or supporting a user-empowered testing environment
* Knowledge of complex business/transaction processing at the UW System and campus level, and solid understanding of the university organization.
* Experience with large Financials, Human Resources, or Student Information ERP systems
License or certificate:
The Quality Assurance Automation Lead will help define, develop and drive the implementation of an automation test strategy and test automation best practices. The lead will develop and implement the test automation framework, develop automation scripts, maintain the framework and train others on how to use and execute automated tests.
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
* Develop and implement a new testing model which empowers stakeholders to execute automated test scripts.
* Evaluate and understand our current state of testing and driving change across the organization to increase test automation and improve our overall testing practices.
* Develop test strategies for test automation and champion its delivery to the stakeholders.
* Oversee and direct the test development processes including: designs, reviews, implementations, and test execution.
* Continuously review, analyze, assess, and improve testing methodology, best practices, and standards to provide consistent testing across products.
* Collaborate with other teams to build and maintain testing infrastructure and tooling.
* Review how our test strategy aligns with the latest available technologies and industry trends and drive change as needed.
* Periodically review and evaluate scope, goals, and effectiveness of automation test strategy and test automation best practices.
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. (Uploaded documents in PDF are preferred). Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: May 17 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Jun 14 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time