Manager, Student Application Development
8AM - 5PM
$93,650 - $111,900
The Manager for Student Application Development is a hands-on manager for a small team of application developers responsible for student system integrated web applications. The Manager will provide direction and management to a team of application developers; review the work assigned to staff during all phases of project work; perform application and database programming types of tasks to assist staff in completion of assigned work; consider end user training for new functionality; and ensure work meets organizational SLAs.
Requires knowledge of applications programming function, organizational effectiveness and health and safety (ergonomics, stress).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Verbal and written communication, quantitative abilities, analytical, strong mechanical applications programming systems skills.
Advanced knowledge of secure software development.
Critical thinking, persuasion/negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring and staff development, leadership/management, problem solving, human resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
Current knowledge of the Information Technology Solutions organizational environment.
Current knowledge of the University of California, Riverside working environment.
Knowledge of current UCR student web applications
Demonstrated skill in managing technical staff.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview