HR Consultant II (HR Manager)
HR Consultant II (HR Manager)
HR Consultant II
Human Resources - 910600
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for an experienced HR Manager at the UNT flagship campus in Denton, Texas. Our vision is to provide the best approach to deliver HR services to our constituents in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. This new team member will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services. Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a HR Consultant II (HR Manager) to join our team. This is a professional administrative position providing support for the effective delivery of Human Resources services and programs to assigned institution(s). As a strategic partner, this position aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This position reports to the Campus HR Director. An employee in this class may provide supervision over professional, paraprofessional, and clerical staff as assigned.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assists in advancing the relationships between the Human Resources Department and institutional departments to help facilitate the success of the University's mission and goals.
* Serves as an internal consultant and advises campus regarding administration of HR policies and resolution of HR issues.
* Acts as a liaison between System HR and other internal HR service providers.
* Provides guidance and input on respective business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
* Identifies training needs for respective business units and individual executive coaching needs.
* Partners with the Campus HR Director to align HR programs, policies, procedures and systems to meet the goals of the institution.
* Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
* Analyzes trends and metrics in respective business units and recommends solutions, programs and policies.
* Maintains an effective level of business literacy about respective business units including core business, culture, finances and short/long term plans.
* Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal department as needed.
* Provides performance management guidance to respective business units (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
* Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
* Develops and maintains professional knowledge and associations in the areas of assignment and in the general Human Resources field.
* Serves on University committees or task forces as requested.
* Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources administration, organizational and employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, strategic human resource planning, and supporting a diverse workforce. A minimum of four years handling complex employee relations matters and one year supervisory experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Excellent consulting and client management skills.
* Strong business literacy skills.
* Strong interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
* Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
* Ability to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations accordingly.
* Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP Certification.
* Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System.
* Proficient in applying conflict resolution skills and mediation techniques.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and facilitating an ADA program.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting