Sr Director of Development, Health and Public Services
Sr Director of Development, Health and Public Services
Sr Dirirector Development Fundraising
Division of Advancement Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; Occasional Overtime
The University of North Texas seeks an experienced, highly-motivated, goal-oriented and energetic fundraiser with a proven track record of closing annual and major gifts and exceeding measurable performance goals. The Sr. Director of Development will join a division with dynamic and visionary leadership focused on advancing a donor-centric mission and building a vibrant team who will enthusiastically and strategically increase philanthropy and accelerate current momentum to propel the university's tremendous potential to new heights.
We are seeking a professional with a highly cooperative spirit, strong communication and relationship-building skills, a forward-thinking approach, the ability to relate to multiple constituencies and to represent the University with tact, diplomacy and passion. The successful candidate will be able to convey enthusiasm for the mission and role of the College of Health and Public Service and will, upon employment, work with the dean to be able to convey detailed knowledge and passion about the college's work in emergency management and disaster science, criminal justice, language pathology, rehabilitation and health services, social work, public administration, and other areas.
The Sr. Director of Development leads the development team for the College of Health and Public Services and works in consultation and in close coordination with the Dean to design and implement a comprehensive development program to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors for major gifts in support of college priorities. The Sr. Director will work with faculty to develop a dynamic and multi-platform strategy to engage foundations and individuals to secure needed funding for suitable projects and initiatives. The Sr. Director collaborates with UNT's advancement services, donor relations, annual giving, corporate and foundations relations, planned giving and communications teams to implement effective recognition and messaging.
The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Development.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and implement an annual strategic plan including determining fundraising objectives and unit goals.
* Solicit and successfully close major gifts.
* An emphasis on discovery efforts to effectively build the prospect pipeline.
* Identify and qualify prospects with the goal of building and maintaining a prospect portfolio of 80 - 120 active prospects.
* Initiate and facilitate new relationships between foundations and the university.
* Plan, design and implement prospect and solicitation strategies in support of college priorities.
* Develop proposals and serve as lead solicitor for College of Health and Public Services major gift solicitations to individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
* Establish and cultivate cross-campus partnerships to identify, engage and solicit prospects for multi-disciplinary UNT initiatives.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the university to fulfill donor goals and objectives and to implement appropriate stewardship and recognition.
* Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Development.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and seven years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
* Ability to attend numerous off site events and meetings and travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
* Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
* Ability to exercise resourcefulness and good judgment.
* Ability to manage multiple streams of work.
* Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, problem solving ability and strong critical thinking skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
* Management Experience.
* Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and/or NXT.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting