Director of Community Learning Lab - School of Social Work ( A1800305 )
Director of Community Learning Lab
School of Social Work
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The School of Social Work seeks applications for a Director of Community Learning Lab. This is a full time 12-month academic professional appointment, reporting to the Dean of the School of Social Work. The Director of Community Learning Lab has the primary responsibility to promote transformative learning opportunities for students and faculty with community organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and implementation of the strategic mission of the Community Learning Lab (CLL)
- Develop community partnerships and promote CLL within the community and University. This includes cultivating relationships on a local, domestic, and global level.
- Nurture and maintain established partnerships with in the School of Social Work, the University, and community partners.
- Mentor agency/community partners and provide project recommendations that are feasible for students to successfully complete and then advocate for agencies to submit projects.
- Oversee project application process to ensure that all parties (students/classroom and community/agency partner) are matched, introduced, and supported to obtain a successful project/service outcome that is mutually beneficial to all.
- Provide individual mentoring and advising to students who are looking for community engagement opportunities to strengthen their professional experience.
- Using subject expert knowledge, update and maintain CLL website information
- Work closely with faculty in selecting, monitoring and evaluating of CLL projects to find projects appropriate for classroom and in line with current assignment(s).
- Coach faculty members in ways to enhance their curriculum and provided experiential learning opportunities to their students by including service learning or selecting an assignment that could be completed at an agency
- Develop and provide any needed training/orientation to students, faculty, and agencies
- Provide consultation and mediation, as necessary, to students, faculty, and agencies
- Create and oversee any fundraising events planned for to raise money for CLL
- Investigate and write grants to obtain funding for the CLL as applicable.
- Responsible for managing budget for personnel, training, and outreach needs.
- Train and supervise Community Learning Lab Student Liaisons.
- This position requires travel, mostly in Illinois.
Minimum Education and Work Experience: Master's degree in social work from an accredited School of Social Work. Must have completed at least 3 years' post-MSW practice experience. Current affiliation with the University of Illinois is required. Prior experience in social work education is highly desirable. Must be a Licensed Social Worker, LCSW is preferred.
Knowledge Requirements: Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
This is an academic professional position and is a renewable 12-month, 100% time appointment with regular University benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and start date will be as soon as possible after the closing date of the search. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by May 31, 2018. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references. For further information, you may contact email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: School of Social Work
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Community Learning Lab - School of Social Work ( A1800305 )
Open Date: 05/17/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
Organization Name: School of Social Work