Identity and Security Systems Administrator
Job ID: 24565
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 0410
Department: Computing Services
About the Position
and information security systems. Primary responsibility will be to maintain systems (i.e. active directory, automated identity provision using FIM, SSO service using Okta/Shibboleth, IBM Big Fix patching and more). Proactively seek feedback and make recommendations to ensure users/departments have most up to date technological solutions to perform their job and serve the university community effectively. Consult with campus technical staff, customers and constituents to provide reliable and secure centralized services as well as document critical assets and serve as liaison/consultants to departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Active Directory Administration: Under the guidance of Senior Staff
- Single Sign-On Application & Server Administration - Under the guidance of Senior Staff
- Information Security Application Administration - System Administrator for Patch Management software
- Automated Identity Management Application & Server Administration: Under the guidance of a Senior Staff
- Computing Services Server Administration - Under the guidance of a Senior Staff
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree in a related field by the date of hire or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Experience with DNS and Radius administration within Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft AD Lightweight Directory Services.
- Experience documenting processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and technical proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory 2016/2012 and 2008 administration including ADUC, and GPO management on the enterprise level.
- Working knowledge of Administration of AD management through Quest AD integration tool.
- Working knowledge of DNS and Radius administration within Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of AD organizational units, user objects, computer objects, attributes, etc.
- Ability to determine overall functional and technical system requirements and specifications using structured design analysis techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft FIM 2010 R2 or similar Identity Management Application.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AD Lightweight Directory Services.
- Knowledge of Shibboleth 3.0, SAML2, Okta and Single Sign On.
- Working knowledge of current patch management technologies (IBM BigFix, Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2, etc.)
- Working knowledge for QualysGuard scan reporting system.
- Knowledge of maintaining workstation and patch server baselines for proactive threat management across multiple operating systems in an enterprise setting.
- Knowledge of installation packages, command line switches, etc.
- Ability to identify and remediate issues which create a negative impact on user experience, and create/follow a clear testing plan.
- Ability to effectively communicate patch baseline changes to department technicians and document exceptions.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and firewalls.
- Ability to analyze, preserve, track, and document processes across multiple systems.
- Knowledge of Database and other application systems.
- Ability to communicate and work with campus technicians and external technicians to ensure adequate segmentation.
- Maintain current knowledge on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
May 17, 2018
Application Screening begins June 1, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046