Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Procurement Manager is responsible for the preparation, negotiation, and awarding of contracts, bids and/or requests for proposals; issuing purchase orders as required; expediting goods and services and dispute resolution with vendors; maintaining reconciliations relating to capital budget and expenses, and other purchasing related tasks including College-wide employee training.
The Procurement Manager shall leverage all available procurement tools, prioritize, and balance competitiveness of bids with quality of service. While their scope will be procurement based, the selected candidate must work fluidly with and build rapport within the Finance team, as well as all areas within the College. The Manager will need to closely monitor relationships with vendors to assure services rendered are aligned with payments and contract parameters.
- Author Requests for Information, Proposals; solicit bids and quotes and manage communication with and between prospective bidders, vendors and departmental customers.
- Meet with campus personnel for general and specific purchases; develop specifications, qualify and recommend bidders.
- Review current policies and procedures; identify, analyze, and document procurement work processes and redundancies; identify potential areas for improvement opportunities; make recommendations for process improvements that align with the strategic initiatives of the College. Provide interpretation and serve as a resource to departments as needed.
- Leverage alternative procurement paths for best value and services as appropriate.
- Manage vendor review processes to root out and remedy any fraud, waste, or abuse.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable procurement laws and guidelines
- Train new/existing employees on the purchasing process and procedures.
- Responsible for all vendor on-boarding and administrative processing of all purchasing operations.
- Cultivate and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with all vendors on behalf of the College. Ensure the vendor base includes a diversity of vendors.
- Reconcile vendor accounts, as required.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Accounts Payable team, manage the College procurement card program.
- Working with the Accounts Payable team, assist with year-end tax reporting (1099).
- Maintains the confidentiality of all department and College information.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor's degree and five years' related experience is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and additional experience is required;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with strategic sourcing and contracting; experience implementing negotiation strategies and implementing cost saving initiatives;
- Microsoft Excel proficiency (intermediate level or above);
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to perform a wide range of customer services;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidates with higher education experience, a plus.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Experience with Banner Finance, a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.