PROGRAM DIR, SPEC PRG CONT ED, DIVINITY SCHOOL
PROGRAM DIR, SPEC PRG CONT ED, DIVINITY SCHOOL
Direct the development, coordination and administration of non-degree educational programs including the Duke Youth Academy for Christian Formation (DYA), youth ministry training and their related activities at the Duke University Divinity School. This is a 30 hour per week position that is term-limited and 100% grant funded. The position will begin on June 1, 2018 and end on December 31, 2020.
- Nurture the theological vision of DYA in ways that are consistent with the vision of Leadership Education at Duke Divinity and Duke Divinity School and cultivate that vision in all programs.
- Direct the administration and operation of DYA including program, personnel, marketing, participant recruitment, admissions, customer service, event and data management, planning and production timelines, speaker recruitment and hospitality, registration materials and processes, on- site management, event evaluation and budget and financial reporting.
- While minors are in residence, the director will live on-site with participants and staff.
- Direct the recruiting and training of all DYA contractors/staff. Recommend hiring/contracting decisions to faculty director and supervisor.
- Prepare financial and operational reports, as well as reports to granting agencies and donors; develop analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Develop relationships with constituents to understand the needs for services and to develop collaborative working relationships with a variety of organizations.
- Develop priorities for developing relationships and administer budgeted funds in execution of those priorities.
- Track all relationships using designated tools and processes.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of designated employees on specific projects in accordance with university and departmental objectives.
- Ensure compliance with university policies and procedures, particularly as they relate to financial and sponsored programs compliance and human resource management.
- Maintain liaison with internal and external educational and professional organizations to explore new program opportunities, to develop and improve current programs and practices and to represent the interests and capabilities of the Duke Divinity School.
- Represent department head in meetings, conferences and other affairs of an administrative nature.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
2282 PROGRAM DIR, SPEC PRGCONT ED
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires two years experience in program administration,curriculum design, or other related academic setting, or background inan administrative management or business capacity in order to acquireskills necessary to plan, direct and coordinate various activitiesassociated with implementing new educational programs, recruitinginstructors and providing administrative support for ContinuingEducation programs.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.