Full-time Learning Resource Technician
The salary minimum for this position is $23,296.00 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Full-time Learning Resource Technician
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Learning Resource Technician (LRT) facilitates the use of technology in the Learning Commons. Supports daily work of part time technicians and work-study employees.
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with Lead LRT and Part Time LRTs, staff the Technical Service Desk and the Computer Learning Lab in the Greeley Learning Commons. Provide direct assistance to students in Computer Learning Labs, answering their questions and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
2. Answer questions, provide training, and assist faculty, staff, and community members in use of computer technology, printers, copiers, scanners and presentation technologies on Greeley campus (directly) and to Learning Commons on other campuses (remotely and occasionally on site).
3. Assist with all aspects of technology used throughout the Learning Commons on all campuses, including: troubleshooting issues, installation of hardware, software, and peripherals; updating software and firmware; configuring, updating, and deploying mot devices; researching new and emerging technologies for feasibility and implementation coordinating roll outs of new technologies or updates; programming or making changes programming of software designed in or specific to the area; and writing documentation.
4. Perform maintenance and updates on Kiefer Library circulating technology on Greeley campus, including laptops, tablets and eReaders. Provide consultation with students regarding best choice of checkout technology for specific academic tasks.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Associate's degree in computer science or related field plus one (1) year experience repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting desktop computers, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Basic principles, methods, and techniques of computer systems and operations the specific applications in use (or planned) for the college.
• Operation of popular software packages, utility programs, and service aids.
• Basic computer and/or telecom hardware configurations and capabilities.
• A wide variety of basic computer software, hardware and peripherals.
• Programming and networks.
• College policies and procedures (i.e. FERPA, etc.).
• Troubleshoot basic computer operations, common software problems and first-
level network connectivity problems.
• Communicate basic technical information clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
• Install, maintain, and configure basic software, hardware and peripherals.
• Read and comprehend basic technical information relating to proprietary software, hardware, peripherals, and computer hardware.
• Use basic spreadsheet and database applications.
• Move 50 pounds.
Associate's degree in computer science or related field plus one (I) year experience repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting desktop computers.
Previous community college work experience.
Full-time 40 hours per week.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3136
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Other Document