Buyer I - Purchasing
The salary minimum for this position is $37,400 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Buyer I - Purchasing
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Buyer I position supports the functions of Aims Purchasing department in the following, but not limited to: vendor relationships; converting Purchase Requests to Purchase Orders or P-card Purchases; Fixed Asset management; management of contracts; training in proper purchasing procedures; conducting formal bids (Request for Proposals, Documented Quotes); handling of Surplus/Salvage for the College; and serve as back-up to other areas of the Purchasing department including Central Receiving and Mail room to insure smooth operation of the department.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Vendor Relationships. Recommend vendors based on need, cost, speed of delivery and customer service. Obtain W9 forms and help set vendors up in Banner system.
2. Place POs & P-card purchases. Convert Purchase Request to Purchase Orders or P-card Purchases. Check documents for procedure compliance, i.e. authorization signatures, proper supporting documentation, etc. Assist in solving Account Payable issues. Guide, train, and direct all College personnel in proper purchasing procedures.
3. Manage Fixed Assets. Take the Lead in Fixed Asset Management by assigning and tracking Fixed Asset Tags and conducting Fixed Asset Inventory. Handle and manage Fixed Asset Disposal list. Work with Finance on accurate Fixed Asset records.
4. Conduct formal bids. Develop, write, and manage Request for Proposals (RFP) or Documented Quotes in response to college purchasing/project needs.
5. Contract Management. Assist in the handling and management of Contracts using the SpringCM system. Issue POs when contract requires one.
6. Surplus/Salvage. Assist in the management and handling of Surplus/Salvage for the College. Arrange and conduct Donation Days to area schools.
7. Central Receiving/Mail room. Serve as back-up to the other areas of the Purchasing Department including Central Receiving and Mail room to insure smooth operation of the department. Ensure delivery of product/services.
8. Assist with routine office procedures, check request, expense transfers, credit applications, and create and maintain various monthly reports. Create/maintain end user documentation & reference guides.
Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree in related field plus two (2) years' full-time related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a business environment.
Procurement experience in sourcing and supplier negotiations.
Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office Products.
Excellent customer service skills. Strong interpersonal and written communications skills. Excellent high level customer service skills to assist faculty, staff and students. Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in the daily operation of the Purchasing Department.
Educational setting preferred.
APICS (CPIM) or ISM (CPM) certification preferred.
8:00 am. – 5:00 pm. Monday – Friday. Summer 7:30 am. – 5:30 pm. Monday – Thursday.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document