Speech Language Pathologist/UKHC
The University of Kentucky is currently seeking a Speech Pathologist to provide consultation, assessment, and treatment of a variety of speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing impairments in patients within hospital areas. Other services may include evaluation of patients for potential benefit from speaking valves, electrolarynx, and trachea-esophageal prosthesis. This position will require complete documentation of all services provided as well as billing of services as part of the patient care process. This position is primarily adult care focused.
Speech Language Pathologist/UKHC
Speech Language Pathologist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MS Speech Pathology
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Kentucky SLP License and Registration, CCC eligible
Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary for the position include but are not limited to: running, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, sitting on the floor, getting up and down from the floor, and lifting children and/or equipment. Must also have the capacity to provide the children and/or adults with a speech/language model.
Day shift; some weekend and holiday coverage required.
Excellent communication and customer service skills; strong attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience in dysphagia evaluation and treatment, including modified barium swallows and/or flexible endoscopy is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association, or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- Yes, Eligible for Certification
- * Do you hold an active Kentucky SLP License and registration, or are you eligible to obtain these prior to your start date?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a healthcare setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter