This position will support Adult CT and/or Pediatric CT Teams. The primary responsibilities for these positions include: Pass surgical instruments in operating room. Maintain strict sterile field, assist/perform surgical case counts. Obtains necessary supplies/instruments for such cases and checks for completeness and working order. Opens room independently or in conjunction with the circulating nurse (depending on case complexity). Sets up and maintains sterile field until the patient exits the room. Maintains a neat and orderly sterile field during each case. Passes instruments to surgeons, anticipating needs. Monitors for breaks in sterile technique and takes corrective action when identified. Performs counts in accordance with policy.
Surgical Tech/UK Chandler Operating Room Adult/Peds CT Service Line
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Graduate from accredited program or LPN with at least 10 years in a Surgical Technician role or UKHC employee who is already in a Surgical Technician role as of 09/17/2016
The essential functions for include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, the hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Hours of assignment may be during 7am til 730pm and/or 9am til 930pm and/or 11am til 1130pm with some some weekend, holidays, and on-call.
Ability to scrub a variety of surgical cases.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Graduate of school of surgical technology or one year of directly related Operating Room experience as a surgical technician.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * As part of your Surgical Technology education, have you completed a clinical rotation at UK Healthcare Chandler or Good Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Have you or will you graduate from an accredited program of Surgical Technology?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter