Advanced Practice Provider/CNM/UKHC
Under a collaborative agreement with a physician; the certified nurse midwife (CNM) is an advanced practice provider who in collaboration with an attending physician is responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nurse midwifery care delivered to antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum, and newborn patients.
The CNM performs physical exams, collects and documents data, manages labor and spontaneous delivery, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, and prescribes appropriate interventions and medications.
The CNM practice includes primary as well as specialized care provided at UK Health Care's WomenKind Clinic and UKHC Chandler Medical Center's birthing center.
The CNM promotes safety and quality in clinical care, contributes to research and teaching, and provides leadership in the organization.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Advanced Practice Provider/CNM/UKHC
Certified Nurse Mid-Wife
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
An active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
A Nurse Midwife Certification is required.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
sitting, standing, lifting, etc.
Mostly Monday-Friday, days, Call Coverage and weekend/evening shifts as required
Microsoft Office basics
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Do you have a Nurse Midwife certification or are eligible to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter