Patient Clerical Assistant/UKHC
The Patient Clerical Assistant's primary responsibility is to support patient care delivery by processing physician orders, maintaining patient records, managing patient information and providing customer service. This involves working independently, acting as a communications liaison for patients, visitors, and all service departments involved in the care of the patient, as well as processing all requests/orders for patient care by fax/phone/computer/intercom and imprinters. Also includes filing, chart assembly and maintenance, maintaining patient records, and extensive verbal communication.
Patient Clerical Assistant/UKHC
Patient Clerical Assistant
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods performing data entry; repetitive motions, and occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10 lbs.
Must be able to work three, 12-hour, NIGHT (7pm-7am) shifts per week; will also be required to work some weekends and holidays.
Receptionist skills, medical terminology, interpersonal skills, phone skills, keyboarding, filing, and fax machine.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High school diploma plus 1 year of experience working in a medical clerical setting preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have working with patients, doctors, nurses, etc.?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years
- * Have you ever worked in a very demanding or high volume clerical setting?
- * Do you have knowledge of medical terminology?
- * Rate your level of computer experience.
- No computer experience
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter