Central Sterile Processing Aide/UKHC
Responsible for assembling and processing surgical instrument trays; decontamination of used instruments; answering phone calls; responding to OR requests; maintaining cleanliness of the department/workstations. This position will also be responsible for delivering and picking up clean and dirty instrumentation throughout hospital while assisting Central Sterile Technicians.
Central Sterile Processing Aide/UKHC
Central Sterile Processing Aide
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position requires a considerable amount of physical work lifting up to 50 pounds lift supplies/instruments; Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking, standing, sitting, light lifting, pulling or pushing carts, equipment, etc.; ability to bend body downward at the waist and, be able to kneel; Exposure to sharps, instruments, equipment, x-ray, blood and body fluids, odors, infections, and some hazardous chemicals.
3rd Shift (11:30pm - 8:00am) Monday - Friday.
Basic knowledge of aseptic techniques, following the universal standard precautions, must adhere to UK HealthCare policies, able to read and follow the manufacturer guidelines, any knowledge of operating room instrumentation, processing technique and equipment care is preferred. Central sterile processing certification required within 18 months of hire.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous central sterile experience, preferred. Current Certified CST highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter