*A cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of all Graylyn’s products and/or services. Promotes identity through use of printed and digital materials. Serves as liaison and principal point of contact with internal and external constituencies. Collaborates with the leadership on matters related to research, development and implementation of the Sales, Marketing & Communication Plans.
- Develops, organizes, and implements strategic marketing plans that promote all Graylyn International Conference Center (GICC) market segments.
- Gathers, creates and edits content for the monthly newsletter and announcements, oversees production, coordinates publishing and distribution. Manages the e-mail distribution list.
- Maintains and updates content on the GICC website, launches new functions or resources.
- Directs, oversees and approves all marketing agency work.
- Ensures proper use of all GICC logo applications.
- Designs, creates and implements for all external collateral, printed and digital, including the bi-monthly newsletter, sales and marketing collateral, and printed departmental needs. Also is responsible for all internal printed and digital content in collaboration with senior leadership. Responsible for the accuracy of all published materials.
- Communicates with vendors the details of ad copy and drop dates for mailings and printed collateral.
- Coordinates and evaluates promotional and media activities such as press releases, and analysis of sales promotions; assuring consistency in branding for the development and execution of marketing plans that ensure profitability.
- Explores, recommends, implements and manages GICC social media strategy. Oversees the blog and GICC Facebook account.
- Tracks and measures market segment trends, and routinely reports findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Prepares non-routine letters and/or reports which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Coordinates all promotional activities for the GICC, both on-site and off-site.
- Plans and executes all Holiday Events, such as Open House, Ornament Sales and distribution, and oversees the set up and tear down of the holiday decorations for the property.
- Organizes client events in collaboration with Director of Sales.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content strategy and best practices for maintaining compelling content over time; experience building and developing websites, maintaining social media content, and writing blogs.
- Proficiency in advanced computer programs for publishing various advertising and promotional documents including but not limited to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of writing styles, including web writing, copywriting, journalism, and persuasive writing. Skills should include the ability to write clear, grammatically correct, and engaging copy in a tone appropriate to a range of platforms and internal and external target audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to plan, organize, and implement various activities simultaneously. Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- Required computer competencies, with working knowledge of various software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and internet applications / social media networks.
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment, and to work under minimal and indirect supervision.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the history of Graylyn or ability to research Gray family history.
- Knowledge of accommodations, dining/ meeting facilities and support services.
- Responsible for own work only. Accountable for administration, marketing and public relations for GICC promotions including design, print, and distributing materials; coordinating and distributing all e-mail campaigns.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States