Executive Assistant to the VP of Academic Affairs
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Executive Assistant of Academic Affairs position. Reporting and providing support to the Vice President and Dean of the Faculty, and Office of Academic Affairs, this position will perform a wide range of independent duties including office management, tracking information and reporting, drafting and preparation of correspondence, and handling inquiries to the office via in-person, telephone, and email.
Academic Affairs Support
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Manage VPAA calendar and resolve calendar conflicts.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, prepare agendas, record minutes, place catering orders, reserve meeting rooms for committee meetings.
- Anticipate and prepare documents as requested for project work.
- Prepare for review and send final correspondence as requested by the VPAA.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard filing systems for all documents coming in and out of the office.
- Reconcile purchasing card statement and receipts for VPAA; confirm and approve purchasing card statements for VPAA direct reports on behalf of the VPAA
- Review, process and/or re-route all incoming VPAA mail.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and various reservations.
- Complete routine administrative support duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Faculty Affairs Support
- Attend meetings with the VPAA and maintain meeting materials and minutes as requested
- Manage tenure, promotion, and review processes, including preparing committee materials for the Professional Review and Ethics Committee
- Manage tracking and timeline for tenure-track faculty midterm review process with school deans and directors of operations
- Create, distribute, and receive full-time faculty annual contracts or salary memoranda
- Manage multi-year term faculty appointment process with input from the school deans and directors of operations
- Review and prepare offer or appointment letters, as needed, for the deans or VPAA, which may include gathering and synthesizing information from other offices
- Serve as primary point of contact, as needed, for new full-time faculty to the University
- Support the VPAA with tasks as part of the Adjunct faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years’ experience in supporting a senior level administrator either in higher education or a business setting
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and treat confidential matters with tact and discretion
- Strong knowledge of basic office protocols and procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to ensure effective management of all office functions
- Exceptional organizational skill and ability to attend to deadlines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively support and serve a diverse population
- Ability to produce work that is consistently thorough and accurate
- Familiarity with campus processes, protocols, and procedures
- Ability to learn new processes with minimal supervision
- Seven to ten years’ experience providing administrative support at the executive level
- Advanced knowledge of Google calendar management and Google document management, including Google drive and Google sites
- Familiarity with the academic enterprise within a university and demonstrated knowledge of key issues, concepts, trends, and policies in higher education
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.