Executive Director of Advertising and Digital Marketing
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Executive Director of Advertising and Digital Marketing should be an experienced marketing professional with a deep understanding of the creative and data-driven nature of digital marketing and who has experience conceiving, executing, measuring and tracking marketing campaigns that integrate digital and traditional strategies. The candidate should understand the nature of higher education, preferably through experience in education or other service industry, and how digital can best serve the needs of the service market.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all University advertising/marketing budgets, strategic plans and implementation of programs for graduate and continuing education.
• Role would have direct responsibility for Continuing Education communications and marketing; Graduate Admissions and Undergraduate Admissions advertising and marketing management.
• Monitoring design, conversion, information capture, and digital interfaces of all digital platforms.
• Analyzing and educating recruiters and program directors on digital and other marketing results.
• Designing reports and setting benchmarks that determine digital success.
• Integrate SEO, paid, earned programs for digital communications.
• Test digital campaigns.
• Design landing pages, conversion tools and other responsive web forms.
• Set benchmarks for digital campaign success; understand best practices; negotiate with and be familiar with consultants and vendors in the digital space.
• Overall implementation of brand standards in marketing materials and management of all advertising.
• Management and education of a team who understands the best practices in the field of digital marketing .
• Reporting to this position would be the Director of Advertising, the Communications Coordinator, the Marketing Coordinator, and the Marketing Manager for Continuing Education.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferable in Marketing or Business Advanced degree highly desirable
• Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience, including marketing experience, preferably in higher education.
• Direct experience in digital marketing, SEO and marketing data as well as an understanding of the field necessary.
• Superior communications, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.