The Office of Technology at Lewis University invites applications for a Technology Coordinator to have responsibility for the following areas of the Office of Technology: communications, outreach, procurement, and administrative services. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of all university-owned technology resources (hardware, software, and services).Lewis University
Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
Communications & Outreach
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication plan to support awareness and utilization of technology resources on all Lewis University campuses
- Act as liaison between the Office of Technology and all other university departments
- Provide internal and customer facing communication regarding Office of Technology systems, support, and resources
- Develop, maintain and update the Office of Technology websites
Procurement & Portfolio Management
- Coordinate purchasing and billing for technology resources and services
- Facilitate communication between technology vendors and the various entities on campus concerning their technology needs
- Manage the portfolio of technology equipment, software, and services by keeping up-to-date records of these resources
- Proficiently, professionally and courteously answer all incoming phone calls, answering inquiries, and disseminating information in a concise and accurate manner, and directing calls as necessary
- Provide daily administrative support services to the Chief Information Officer
- Schedule appointments as needed for the Office of Technology management team
- Keep abreast of current developments in IT and related fields
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor's degree or the equivalent of five years' experience in a technology or education environment is required. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of PCs and productivity software. Candidate must possess the ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical people in a helpful, patient and friendly manner. Must have the ability to manage conflict and negotiate solutions to internal and external technology issues. Candidate must be able to work as a member of a team. Experience in procurement is desired, including the ability to evaluate products and services. Strong attention to detail and effective problem solving skills are required. Effective organizational skills are required. Flexibility in work scheduling is required.
Application Process: Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3272.
Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.