The College of New Jersey, The Human Resources Department is looking for HR representative to join our team! This is an entry level position. The HR Representative performs a wide range of administarive human resources administrative related functions as well as special projects.
- Faculty adjunct hiring process-high volume; completes all the steps associated with re-hiring adjuncts every semester as well as hiring new adjunct faculty members
- Supplemental process-ensure that all paperwork is received and properly processed in a customer service driven enviroment
- Faculty re-appointment process for returning temporary faculty-completes all the steps associated with re-appointing temporary faculty
- Initiate, review, complete background checks, I-9 Forms and New Hire Paperwork
- Conduct a wide range of data entry transations into various systems for multiple areas of HR
- Serve as a point of contact for the Sterling system
- Create requistions in Taleo, Applicant Tracking System
- Cover of Front Desk/receptionist role providing excellent customer service to walk-ins
- Student Intern process-completes all steps associated with biringing in temporary students
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the successful function of the Human Resources Department and compliance with all Federal and State laws including, customer window assistance, answering telephone e-mail inquiries, and special projects.
- Work collaboratively with all HR team members.
- Strive for continual process improvement through technological solutions/enhancements as well as the streamlining or removal of "stuff" that does not make sense or impedes unit progress towards World Class HR status
Job Type: Full-time. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package with health, dental, and prescription plans as well as generous vacation and sick leave allowances.
Salary: $41,230.15 /year
TCNJ is a highly selective, public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the residential experience for its 5,900 undergraduate students, who benefit from a 12-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of only 20 students. TCNJ is one of only five public institutions included on Barron's Profiles of American Colleges list of the 75 "most competitive" colleges and universities in the United States, and of those five, TCNJ is the only primarily undergraduate institution included. TCNJ's campus encompasses 289 beautiful tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, NJ, which is located between Trenton and Princeton in the historic Delaware Valley, and is convenient to Philadelphia, New York, the Jersey shore, and the Pocono Mountains.
The Office of Human Resources is dedicated to the recruitment, retention, and development of a highly qualified, committed, and diverse workforce, encouraging and supporting the faculty and staff in their vital role of meeting the College's mission and goals and our commitment to our students.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.