Assistant Director Financial Aid
Job Purpose: To foster a customer friendly Student Financial Aid Office that achieves high quality customer service operating in an enrollment services team environment. The Assistant Director will assist in ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, establishing the philosophy and implementation of financial aid policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist in coordination of the completion of all applications for funding (FISAP, etc.).
- Supplement student recruitment and retention efforts by services offered through financial aid including the implementation and management of a financial aid related communication plan and series of outreach events in cooperation with other areas of Enrollment Services.
- Work with all facets of the financial aid office including, but not limited to: student award packaging, compliance, certification, default management, loan processing, document tracking, grants and scholarships, and file maintenance.
- Assist the director in oversight of the awarding of Veteran’s financial aid benefits and maintain compliance with those related regulations.
- Counsel individual students and parents and delivers presentations and workshops throughout the service area for groups pertaining to all matters related to the financing of higher education.
- Support leadership to promote and maintain integrity, accuracy, and timeliness in the delivery of financial aid to students at all Columbia State campuses.
- Administer scholarship budgets and work with other campus offices in development of awarding criteria, renewal requirements, reporting etc.
- Work in collaboration with all campus offices to assure accuracy in awarding and reporting of student financial aid.
- Work in concert with the Chief Enrollment Services Officer and the staff to develop a financial aid office that is embedded in an Enrollment Services team that is customer friendly, while delivering high-quality customer service across all enrollment areas for success.
- Be proactive in identifying and implementing efficiencies in the use of Banner Financial Aid for processing, awarding and disbursing financial aid. Establish and implement short and long term goals for the use of technology in operation of the various financial assistance processes.
- Work closely with Information Technology Department to maximize effectiveness of Banner system and other automated programs associated with Title IV programs and to implement new technology that will enhance the efficiency of various systems used in the department.
- Develop financial aid strategies to meet the goals of the Columbia State enrollment management plan and retention goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate effectively, accurately, and appropriately, verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the Columbia State community and the public.
- Knowledgeable of how to efficiently organize, make decisions, prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently and as a team player within a highly computerized environment and with frequent daily interruptions.
- Ability to provide quality service to achieve customer satisfaction by working files quickly and accurately.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of work experience in either higher education, financial aid, and/or customer service/business related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Two years experience in a college student services environment.
- Familiarity with Banner Student Information System
- Flexible work hours
- Requires travel to campuses and schools in the nine-county serve area and to other locations for meetings and other job-related activities
- Normal sitting and movement in an office environment
- Visual and Hand usage of computer terminal/PC
Titles Supervised: none