Health Information System Process Analyst - Veterinary Medicine Administration ( A1800301 )
Health Information System Process Analyst
College of Veterinary Medicine
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY
The College of Veterinary Medicine - Veterinary Administration is seeking a full-time, (12-month) academic professional position - Health Information Process Analyst. This position is responsible for analyzing, deploying and maintaining production level applications for the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory within the College of Veterinary Medicine. The position will primarily focus on the laboratory information management system (VADDS) used at the College of Veterinary Medicine. Emphasis will be placed on analyzing, improving and configuring application level parameters to most efficiently match operational procedures. End user support and training is integral to the position. This position will work closely with the college level Computing Services team, the Director of the VDL, as well as campus computing services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the diagnostic medical information systems, focusing on process and workflow analysis/improvement, design/create enhanced module functionality and install application upgrades, and provide support and training for users.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve end user problems and devise solutions.
- Test application patches and new features.
- Support production critical activities during non-business hours as needed. This may require evening or weekend hours, depending on the business cycles of the diagnostic lab.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies to bring software operation in line with desired procedural workflow of the diagnostic lab.
- Configure and maintain parameters within the laboratory information systems running within a UNIX operating system on a central computer server.
- Communicate with vendor to coordinate patches and specifications of new features.
- Analyze, investigate, document, and report errors back to vendor.
- Maintain and deploy interface solutions with LIM system.
- Analyze work functions within lab in order to write specifications for new features and program software configuration values.
- Build SQL data searches and format reports for use by the lab director and business office.
- Prepare documentation and provide training for end users.
- Support remote locations that may require occasional travel.
- Other duties related to VDL specific computing services as assigned.
- Technical support of QPulse database (SOPs, Training, and Equipment).
Required: Bachelors in health information, medical technology, biology or related field with minor in biological sciences or medical information. 1 Year of information system experience or management.
Preferred: IT-related coursework. At least 3 years of technical experience working with hospital or laboratory information system (LIS) required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level analytical ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with clients from varied administrative, academic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds utilizing clear, concise written and oral communications.
- Ability to provide quick, alternate solutions.
- Ability to work calmly in occasional, high urgency situations, or with upset customers/clients.
- Professional and courteous demeanor to achieve optimal level of customer service.
- Ability to respond quickly with in-person desk-side or lab-side support throughout the lab.
- Proficiency in VADDS or laboratory information management (LIM) software.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or biological science.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Windows, Excel, and Access.
- A strong interest in continuous learning and the ability to grow professionally, displaying self-directed characteristics and personal intuitiveness.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/HIS_Analyst and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by the closing date of June 8, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Consideration will continue until a suitable candidate is identified for this position. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For additional questions, please contact Dr. Patrick Roady, Search Chair @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Health Information System Process Analyst - Veterinary Medicine Administration ( A1800301 )
Open Date: 05/16/2018
Close Date: 06/08/2018
Organization Name: Vet Medicine Administration