Mobile Crisis Behavioral Health Specialist
Mobile Crisis Behavioral Health Specialist-1800171
At Stony Brook Medicine, the Mobile Crisis Behavioral Health Specialist offers assessment, crisis intervention and counseling/referral as needed as part of a mobile, CPEP based multi-disciplinary treatment team for persons with severe and persistent mental illness.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of patient care and effectively respond to changing patient needs by making decisions based on ethical principles and adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Mobile Crisis Behavioral Health Specialist may include the following but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of patients with chronic, emergent or persistent psychiatric illness in community by providing appropriate intervention in crisis and situational emergencies at the post hospital level of care.
- Provide crisis intervention, counseling, assessment, and referral to care as indicated in home and/or community settings.
- Responsible for coordination of care for patients of the MCT with Stony Brook Medicine CPEP team.
- Collaborate with Stony Brook Medicine CPEP/Psychiatry/and Medicine Social Workers for standardization of patient care and transitions to care.
- Collaborate with community agencies to enhance partnership and best practice.
- Attend training/meetings with Stony Brook Medicine Social Work/Psychiatry to enhance practice and professional development
- Assist with data collection, necessary reports, track and trend on caseloads and interventions; and utilization review as needed.
- Coverage of team members as indicated
- Coverage of CPEP and Inpatient Psychiatry as indicated
- Run support groups as needed
- Case conferences and Data Analysis for Quality Assurance.
- Perform related duties as assigned. Flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in the mental health field with patients with chronic mental illness in a crisis response team capacity and/or supervisory experience with staff caring for patients with chronic mental illness.
Must have the following:
- • New York State LMSW or LCSW
- • Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in Nursing
- • LMHC- Licensed Master Health Counselor
Essential Position: All Hospital employees are designated as essential personnel. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work and/or remain at work in cases of emergencies, staff shortages, increased census, and/or inclement weather.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Employment is contingent upon a valid and clean NY State driver license. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health. Personal vehicle use may be required
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Instructional Support Specialist
Job Field: Social Work/Behavioral Health
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Care Management/Social Work Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Variable 8:00am - 6:00pm or approx. 2:00pm - 12:00amCare Management/Social Work Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Jan 22, 2018
Posting End Date: Feb 21, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL2