Health Care Tech II / Front Desk Coordinator (Boulder Clinic)
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Dermatology, Boulder Clinic
Health Care Tech II / Front Desk Coordinator
Position #1781 - Requisition 13624
The Department of Dermatology, Boulder Clinic has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Health Care Tech II / Front Desk Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Health Care Tech II/Front Desk Coordinator to work in the Department of Dermatology at the Boulder Clinic in Boulder, Colorado. This is a full-time position (1.0 FTE) for an experienced Tech. This position is responsible for assisting the CU Dermatology | Boulder physician by setting up, clearing and preparing patients room before and after each visit; cleaning equipment; providing basic patient monitoring, counseling and education; triaging phone calls, and assisting during procedures. This Tech will also be responsible for inventory control and disposals.
Additionally this role will act as a front desk coordinator which includes: greeting visitors at the front desk; performing all check-in activities; directing patients to the appropriate area; and scheduling appointments over the phone or in-person. This role will provide assistance with various insurance related activities such as referral and coverage verification, data entry of demographic information, scanning and filing, generating daily worksheets, new onset coordination, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Examples of Work Performed:
- Checks-in/checks out patients.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Collects co-pay information/documentation.
- Verifies and updates demographic and PCP information.
- Generates charge forms.
- Obtain referrals for visits as needed.
- Responsible for rooming patients for provider(s), which will include but is not limited to obtaining and documenting patient histories, taking vitals, photography, etc.
- Provides assistance and directs visitors to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- Preparing for skin assessments, minimally invasive and surgical procedures.
- Assisting physician(s) in all clean and sterile procedures.
- Cleaning exam rooms between patients.
- Obtaining consent forms for procedures.
- Answers incoming phone calls.
- Responds to and/or triages inquiries.
- Telephone triage and follow up.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Completed an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) program.
- One (1) year of experience working in a medical/clinic setting.
Substitution: Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work in an environment that may expose you to fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, extreme cold, blood/body fluids, and infectious disease.
- Frequently wash your hands, as biohazardous materials may be present.
- Sit and stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, and bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions.
- Work with complex and sharp laboratory equipment, and various chemical and biological solutions.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment when handling biological samples and hazardous chemicals.
- Work within a high-level secured facility.
- Professional experience working in a Dermatology Clinic.
- Experience setting up sterile and non-sterile procedure trays and medical procedure rooms.
- Experience with medical/clinical inventory control and disposal.
- Experience answering phones and triaging inquiries.
- Experience working with general office equipment (fax, copier, shredder, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Bi-lingual preferred, Spanish speaking highly desired.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate independently while performing a full range of clinic medical assistance tasks.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving required.
- Ability to address multiple ongoing challenges that will be encountered while performing required job duties.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills, as well as the ability to make complex decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a profession demeanor.
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Able to work in a team environment in order to maintain a strong patient following
- Basic PC skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Personable, friendly, and work well under pressure, especially when assisting patients.
- Ability to answer a variety of questions effectively and keep traffic moving within the clinic.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Kia Silverman at Kia.Silverman@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Jun 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: Kia.Silverman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001781