Customer Service & Graphic Design Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Management - Printing Services
Job Title: Customer Service & Graphic Design Specialist
Position #1772 - Requisition #13635
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Read more about us here.
Facilities Management - Printing Services has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Customer Service & Graphic Design Specialist position.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The Customer Service & Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for monitoring and evaluating aspects of Facilities Support Services in the Facilities Management Department for both campuses of the University of Colorado at Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus. This position serves as a key individual on the Printing Services team, providing customer service and design for clients on the Anschutz Medical and Denver campuses, as well as other duties as requested by the Manager of Printing Services and Associate Director of Business Services.
This position provides modern, effective design for customers while maintaining high customer service standards, proper billing and estimating, positive vendor relationships, and current University design standards. This position will be responsible for helping provide print ready files to the production department.
This position also coordinates with Manager and key individuals from Marketing and Branding to ensure established standards are followed pertaining to design and printing jobs. This position coordinates jobs with outside vendors to ensure quality and timely results, ensures all purchasing and payment processes are accurate and appropriate, and works closely and in a professional manner with customers to ensure all customer requirements are met.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- Bachelor's degree in customer service, communication, graphic design, business, or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis
- Adobe creative suite expert
- At least 1 year of professional design or printing experience
- Outstanding Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Extensive skills in Microsoft office
- Ability to accurately estimate and bill for jobs, as well as calculating estimated paper quantities, imposition and impression counts with a strong sense of numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to provide clean, modern design for university clientele
- Ability to maintain order, cleanliness and organization within working areas
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and be inclusive in all interactions
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- At least 3 years of professional design or printing experience
- Pre-press experience
- The hiring salary has been established as $40,000.00
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation
- The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 22nd, 2018.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20674 - ADM-AVCFO Other FS Printing SC
Posting Date: May 16, 2018
Closing Date: May 22, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sean McBride
Posting Contact Email: Sean.M.McBride@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001772