Director of Employer Relations
The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Employer Relations in the Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2).
Reporting to the Executive Director of C2D2, the Director of Employer Relations joins a dynamic leadership team that focuses on innovation, collaboration, and formative assessment. The Director of Employer Relations develops and executes strategy for employment recruiting of undergraduate and graduate students, in alignment with the mission and strategic goals of C2D2 and the Institute. With a team of four professional employer relations staff, plus collaboration with and support from all areas of the Center, the Director of Employer Relations is responsible for a variety of recruiting programs and services. Signature programs include: the On-Campus Recruiting Program, which attracts hundreds of top global employers; the Fall and Spring semester All-Majors Career Fairs, attended by hundreds of employers and several thousand students; the Partners Program for corporate sponsorships; and numerous recruiter workshops and summits.
The Director of Employer Relations provides strategic and tactical leadership in areas including:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with a range of employers, including major corporations and non-profits, small companies, and start-ups to develop or expand co-op, internship, and post-graduate employment opportunities for students across a range of academic majors and master’s or Ph.D. programs of study.
- Partner extensively across the Career Education and Pre-Graduate & Pre-Professional Advising areas of C2D2 on cross-functional strategic priorities where employer relations intersects with career advising and pre-professional advising (pre-health, pre-law, and pre-teaching).
- Oversee the Georgia Tech Career Communities (GTCC), including supervision of the Assistant Director for Career Communities. The GTCC facilitates a campus ecosystem of career programming tailored for students’ majors and career interests and seeks to develop meaningful, data-driven collaborations between C2D2 staff, employers, and faculty for the benefit of students’ career development and work opportunities.
- Partner with the Career Education team, focusing on continuous enhancement and expansion of the co-op and internship programs. Cooperative education at Georgia Tech has been one of the largest programs of its kind in the U.S. since 1912 and cited by U.S. News & World Report as a ‘program to watch.’
- Serve as a campus leader, cultivating relationships with faculty and staff and establishing credibility to strengthen C2D2’s role as the campus nexus for recruiting activity, while respecting existing employer relationships managed in academic units.
- Oversee the growth and management of the Partners Program, interacting effectively with recruiting executives to develop partnerships and manage relationships with existing partners.
- Provide exceptional customer service to employers and to students participating in recruiting programs and events.
- Use technology effectively in support of programs and services.
- Manage the Employer Relations budget as directed by the Executive Director, including those that derive from state funds, revenue sources, and donors. Ensure compliance with all appropriate budgetary, financial, and administrative policies.
- Represent C2D2 at meetings, conferences, and on committees, and actively seek opportunities for thought leadership, such as conference presentations, professional social media visibility, and/or publications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to eight years of job-related experience in higher education and/or corporate or industry settings.
- Working knowledge of office-related computer applications; advanced skills in program management and administration; advanced skills in leadership, organization, communication, strategic planning, marketing/promotion, public speaking, and administration.
- Master’s degree in higher education, business, social sciences, STEM field, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of employment recruiting functions from the university or employer perspective.
- Budget management skills.
With a dynamic leadership team and dedicated staff, C2D2 serves as strategic partners, thought leaders, and the central hub for all career development and employer relations activities across campus. Valuing collaboration, innovation, and formative assessment, C2D2 is committed to its vision of students graduating with career readiness competencies and post-graduate opportunities commensurate with the impressive knowledge and talents of Georgia Tech students.
The Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2), a unit of the Office of Undergraduate Education, provides career education, resources, experiential learning (co-ops, internships, and shadowing), employment, and pre-professional opportunities to Georgia Tech students across all majors so that they are positioned to launch and sustain satisfying and successful careers that make a meaningful contribution to society. C2D2 supports career directions that include: employment in private, public, and non-profit sectors; pursuit of graduate studies, professional degree programs, and prestigious fellowships; entrepreneurship; research; and service.
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply, please visit Georgia Tech’s Office of Human Resources (OHR) site, Job Number 0177111. Questions about this position may be directed to Ms. Katy Wong, Administrative Professional III in the Office of Undergraduate Education