Solutions Analyst (ECM)
Requisition # 2018-8776
Department Software and Application Svs
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an opening for a highly skilled Solutions Analyst to join its Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team. The ECM team is responsible for the strategic and tactical support and integration of solutions deployed on the OnBase by Hyland enterprise platform. Reporting to the ECM manager, the solutions analyst works closely with University departments, application developers, platform administrators, and vendor support to deliver the highest quality enterprise content management solutions.
The solutions analyst analyzes and translates business and technical requirements into a blueprint that outlines solutions that achieve University objectives. Whether collaborating with OnBase developers or working independently, the solution analyst develops, tests, debugs, maintains, and documents solutions implemented for customers. The solution analyst builds strong relationships with campus customers and OIT partners to develop best practices for implementing solutions that meet the highest standards of security and usability. This position also leads the OnBase User Group at Princeton, and manages knowledgebase content that relates to ECM.
- Understand and articulate the ECM service offering, as well as OnBase platform capabilities and constraints, to accurately assess when OnBase is the proper solution to meet business needs
- Collaborate with customers, team members, and OIT partners across the University to successfully implement OnBase solutions
- Develop a deep understanding of ECM customer functional needs and University information security and records management best practices and policy
- Facilitate requirements discovery sessions with stakeholders, analyze needs, and recommend a solution that meets customer business requirements and complies with University security and retention policy
- Manage solution delivery using Princeton project management practices, including risk management and mitigation and incident escalation
- Establish best practices for the delivery, configuration, and support of the enterprise content management application (OnBase)
- Develop, test, debug, maintain, support, and document OnBase solutions
- Collaborate with peers to develop QA and UAT test plans and identify acceptance criteria for departmental solutions and administrative initiatives
- Partner with the vendor on technical bulletins, upgrades, new modules, product demos, and/or consulting
- Create and maintain instructional materials and solution documentation for end user training and ongoing support
- Manage ECM SharePoint site, internal OnBase repositories, and ServiceNow business offerings and knowledge articles for the ECM service suite
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a business analyst for a leading enterprise content management platform, preferably OnBase
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the configuration and setup of ECM document imaging, document management, workflow, forms and reporting modules
- Experience leading ECM functional requirements gathering sessions with customers
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement ECM solutions working independently and in a team
- Proven track record of successful delivery of ECM solutions that meet scope, cost, and project deadlines
- Highly motivated with very strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively independently or in a team
- Flexibility to balance competing initiatives, multi-task between project implementation and customer support, and adapt to changing business and technical requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a commitment to customer service
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment that values positive, collegial relationships among co-workers
- 3+ years hands-on experience with OnBase by Hyland enterprise content management software
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, SharePoint 2016, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
- Experience in a higher education setting
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent related experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.