Temporary - Digital Media Specialist
Requisition # 2018-8792
Department Art Museum
Category Communications and Public Relations
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 5/23/2018
The Princeton University Art Museum is searching for a Casual Hire Digital Media Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in promoting one of the leading university art museums in the country, with collections that have grown to include over 100,000 works of art ranging from ancient to contemporary art and spanning the globe.
The Specialist will assist the Manager of Marketing and Public Relations to promote exhibitions, educational programming, and special projects online. This person will post content for the Museum's various digital properties, including: the Museum's website, regional blogs and calendars, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
The successful candidate will be an articulate and engaging writer with a journalistic mindset and good judgment, who can adapt content messaging to reach multiple audiences through multiple channels.
- Museum Website: Update featured news, press room, and rotating banners on homepage; add events to calendar page (50%)
- Social Media: draft posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (35%)
- Add Museum programming to the online calendars, including campus and regional outlets (15%)
- Bachelor's degree (major in communications, English/journalism, marketing, public relations, film, and/or the visual arts preferred)
- Related work experience in non-profit or arts-related field with proven track record of successful social engagement (1-3 years preferred)
- Experience in writing for web and social media
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of people
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and juggle competing demands
- Tact, excellent judgment, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive situations and information
- Initiative and flexibility are critical
- Excellent project coordination skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have an interest in technology
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Drupal or similar; Photoshop; Mail Chimp or similar
- Finalist will be required to successfully complete a background check
- Knowledge of museums and/or art history
- Strong knowledge of content marketing principles (including SEO), social media and digital marketing strategies, best practices, and analysis
- Video production
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
Casual Hire appointment
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.