CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST, SR
CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST, SR
Perform a variety of research, data, and clerical duties of a routine clinical research data.and technical nature to support the conduct of clinical research under the supervision of a Clinical Research Coordinator or similar CRU/Oversight Organization designee.Participate in day-to-day operations related to the collection, compilation, and documentation of
- Clinical research operations. Screen, schedule, conduct visits, and This is not consent participants in minimal risk studies, including documentation of consent in the electronic medical record; may conduct these activities for studies with greater than minimal risk under supervision. Prepare documents, equipment, or supplies for research visits. Conduct and document visits and protocol-specific testing/interviews according to study protocol, operational plans of clinical departments, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Employ strategies to maintain recruitment and retention rates, and to assist participants with individual needs. Collect,prepare, process, ship, and maintain inventory of research specimens and train others in these tasks. Collect, prepare or process adverse event information under supervision. Provide input for adverse events reports. Assist with maintenance of study level documentation. Prepare for study monitoring or study audit visits.Provide input for DUHS Institutional Review Board documents such as consent forms, protocols,and continuing reviews.Assist with management of Investigational Products including arrival,storage, handling including requesting requisitions, inventory, and reordering
- Ethical and participant safety considerations. Maintain familiarity with the ethical conduct of research and safeguards needed when conducting research with vulnerable populations. Understand that the safety of research participants is a priority.
- Data management and informatics. Use and train others in Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems, technologies, and software necessary for study operations.Enter data accurately. Score tests and measures according to protocol and appropriate to role.Complete paper and electronic Case Report Forms (CRFs and eCRFs) accurately and according to protocol.Assist with the development of data collection documents to standardize process Map a protocol's data flow plan;including data capture, storage, management, quality, and preparation for analysis. Independently investigate incomplete, inaccurate, or missing data/documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of data; follow and assist with development of SOPs for data quality assurance. Run summaries and reports on existing data. Use required processes,policies, and systems to ensure data security and data provenance. Recognize and report vulnerabilities related to security of physical and electronic data.
- Scientific concepts and research design. May conduct literature reviews under the direction of the CRC, CRC-RN, or PI. Identify various stakeholders (statistical,operational, etc.) to ensure adequate design, implementation, and testing of study aims.
- Leadership and professionalism. Encourage and support colleagues to complete project work.Assist research colleagues in identifying efficiencies and improving process. Recognize and employ the professional guidelines and code of ethics related to the conduct of clinical research.Maintain Duke and project specific training requirements. May serve as mentor to other staff.
- Study and site management. Participate in sponsor-required training.Maintain inventory and quality of study supplies and equipment. Prepare items for site initiation visits, and take part in visits as requested/directed. Assist with the development of protocol-specific systems and documents including process flows, training manuals, standard operating procedures, and case report forms.
- Communication and team science. Participate in study team meetings.Respond to routine questions related to study protocol and refer more complex questions to others as appropriate.Communicate and coordinate with other study personnel as required for study implementation and routine problem resolution. Write and speak clearly in a variety of settings and styles to convey messages and ideas effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Can easily use computing software and web-based applications (e.g.,Microsoft Office products and internet browsers).
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.required of personnel so classified.intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
803 CLINICAL RESEARCH SPECIALIST, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an associates degree.
One year of relevant experience (e.g., research, clinical, interaction with study population, program coordination).
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.